• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wots all the fuss about wanting to be in TV?

Id rather not be - we'll get a better crowd then.

Sure we'd get some TV money but any dosh at Southend gets pis sed down the drain o there's no point. And TV would mean smaller crowd.

Far better we pack out Roots Hall with a non-TV 3pm Saturday kick-off, then watch our passage to Round 5 on the highlights prog.

Of course we could do with the T.V. money. In a few months It will be coming up to the time when we normally get taken to court for late or non payments.

You are aware this is a premiership team 10th in the league we are talking about ?

Of course we can win, we can win every game we play, but its highly unlikely we will.

So the best case is we get 10,000+ in and we then have to give Hull nearly half of the ticket revenue so about the same worth as a normal home game.

Not a great draw.

This would have been the same had we drawn Man Utd or Arsenal at home as far as financial rewards would have been.

Can't believe the general reaction on here. This is a great draw!

We have a Prem team at home with a chance of winning and of course the Phil Brown link to spice things up.

This is almost a CERT to be a live game.

- G.

You are aware this is a premiership team 10th in the league we are talking about ?

Of course we can win, we can win every game we play, but its highly unlikely we will.

So the best case is we get 10,000+ in and we then have to give Hull nearly half of the ticket revenue so about the same worth as a normal home game.

Not a great draw.
We have to give anyone half the revenue.
Why make a point of it because it's Hull City?

Still think this a good draw prem v league 2,as for Hull think they would like to think easy passage into the 5th round and a good draw.Should be a cracking game as the players will give it a real go for the gaffer

Does it really matter if its on tv its an extra game making more money for the club an we get to see a prem side at the Hall. Id say we are in with half a chance as well. You lot talk some old drivel on here at times, because what will be will be an none of you believe it or not have any deciding in it or not. Its easier to turn up an get behind the team rather than all this will it wont it rubbish ya all spouting off!

Whether it's on TV or not, I think this is winnable. Take those 2 Spurs midfielders out of their side (which he will) and Hull are nothing special.
My concern is that we're challenging for promotion and this is in danger of being forgotten. Plymouth away on Sat.

Pretty obvious that we won't be on TV as it'll be the usual parade of Premiership teams i.e Man United, Man City and Chelsea with one Championship team.

Whether it's on TV or not, I think this is winnable. Take those 2 Spurs midfielders out of their side (which he will) and Hull are nothing special.
My concern is that we're challenging for promotion and this is in danger of being forgotten. Plymouth away on Sat.
two very quality players if I say so eh

The tv companies are ignoring us at the moment in league and Cup....

long may it continue
ssshhh

This game should be on TV, surely? Some interesting comments from Hull fans on their forum:

"We'll play the youth team and lose, but this is a great draw. I don't expect Phil Brown to give any interviews before the game."

"Apart from Tick Ground FC away, this is as good as it gets. I can't wait."

"First time ever in the FA Cup, and we haven't lost against them for 10 years. That'll be the end of the cup road then…."

"Smashing draw. I always enjoy Roots Hall."

Quite looking forward to this one! players are gonna give their all, big gate and a good atmosphere

jnr

TV live or not, I still want to go down to Root Hall and enjoy a match where we have nothing to lose. If we play like we did Vs Millwall, then we will give them a "Hull" of a game!

Birmingham, Bristol Rovers or Crawley v Manchester United or Swansea

They'll definitely show this one. You don't often see five teams on the same pitch. Our tie only involves two teams and that won't generate enough interest for the telly. Shame.

considering we got nearly 8000 for the Millwall game, i think we could possible push for 10,000 for this one. Depending on how many Hull bring down though!

This is the first meeting between the two sides in the FA Cup, although the last two League Cup games between us both ended up 3-1 to the home side.

We actually have very similar records in terms of progress in the FA Cup over the last 25 years. This is the fourth time in the fourth round for both teams in that time, and both of us have managed to go further only once since 1990.

We haven't beaten Hull in 11 years, but they have lost three of their last four FA Cup matches against a team from the fourth tier and haven't beaten a fourth-tier team away from home in the FA Cup since 1993, the year we beat Millwall in the 3rd Round and the last time we progressed to the 5th Round.

Yawn. That'll be us going out. We have a chance though.

n21f1u.jpg

Back