• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RyanSmyth

Youth Team
FRI 7:45 Arsenal v Coventry on BT Sport
Sat Lunch time: Bournemouth or Burton v Liverpool
Sat Evening: Stevenage v Everton
Sun Lunch time: Sheff Utd v Norwich/Fulham
Sun Evening: Chelsea v Stoke

Absolute disgrace really why Chelsea and Stoke is chosen!

Money talks once again in this game being killed by the pound signs

Isn't money the reason why we wanted to be on TV in the first place?

yeah but slightly different context! Chelsea and stoke is selected purely cos of the status of premier league

Yup, let's sneak through under the radar.

Can't say I'm not disappointed tho, PB against his old club on our patch I thought was a cracking story. Thought PB would be able to get his media pals interested in this one.

Brown out.

Because the majority of people would rather watch that than our game. A top 4 club, against any opponent, has worldwide interest.

Because the majority of people would rather watch that than our game. A top 4 club, against any opponent, has worldwide interest.

What, even a premiershite club who play virtually their second string? I thought the West Ham team on Sunday was a disgrace. Who wants to watch 2nd XI football on TV? The TV companies need to get some form of committment from these clubs that they will take the competition seriously by fielding their first team players, before agreeing to broadcast it. Any true football fan would have preferred to watch Rochdale v Leeds (both teams taking the cup seriously), than the glorified friendly at Forest.

I understand the middle three games, but dear christ, you couldn't pay me to watch the other two (well, you could obviously, but you know what I mean). Not really about the magic of the cup is it (and if the Moose and Clarke knock the Arse out of the cup, that might give me even more of the ache!)(though it would be funny)

What, even a premiershite club who play virtually their second string? I thought the West Ham team on Sunday was a disgrace. Who wants to watch 2nd XI football on TV? The TV companies need to get some form of committment from these clubs that they will take the competition seriously by fielding their first team players, before agreeing to broadcast it. Any true football fan would have preferred to watch Rochdale v Leeds (both teams taking the cup seriously), than the glorified friendly at Forest.

I'd rather watch West Ham lose 5-0 than watch Rochdale vs Leeds, then again I guess I'm not a "true football fan". With all their injuries, they really didn't have much choice.

Chelsea will play a strong team, Mourinho loves the competition and proved that by his selection against Derby.

If you are trying to make a case for us being on TV, what makes you think Hull won't send out their reserves when they did exactly that in the last round.

Should mean we'll be one of the designated highlight games, so any Shrimpers around the world would be able to see the game live.

Disappointed, but lets look on the bright side they could all be the most boring games of the season with 1-0 wins for all the big clubs or even all be called off. We could draw/beat Hull and then tell BT and ITV where to go when they want to cover our replay/round 5 game, you know it makes sense Ron. Im not at all bitter and twisted :moon:

That's a bit of a s**t. I was looking forward to watching a Southend game on tv. I can't imagine Chelsea v Stoke being a very exciting game.

I'd rather watch West Ham lose 5-0 than watch Rochdale vs Leeds, then again I guess I'm not a "true football fan". With all their injuries, they really didn't have much choice.

Chelsea will play a strong team, Mourinho loves the competition and proved that by his selection against Derby.

If you are trying to make a case for us being on TV, what makes you think Hull won't send out their reserves when they did exactly that in the last round.
Sorry, I hadn't put you down as a "big club merchant". I can think of no justification in showing Chelsea v Stoke and very little in Arsenal v Coventry (different if Coventry had been at home). I think you are missing what the essence of the cup is, underdog v Giant, and not yet more premiershite versus premiershite. You get that thrust down your throat every other week.

Well I am disapointed. Not bothered about the T.V. except for the money for the club. Can't say I am that interested in the other ties except for seeing The Moose and Clarke as ex-players.

I love the FA Cup and I love Southend. However, I'm not blind to the fact that Southend v Hull reserves sounds very much like Hartlepool v Port Vale, Middlesbrough v Oldham or Colchester v anyone i.e. not TV gold. Ours will be a great occasion and more people will attend as it's not on the box. Chelsea and Stoke can naff off, but I'll be watching Arsenal v Coventry.

Sorry, I hadn't put you down as a "big club merchant". I can think of no justification in showing Chelsea v Stoke and very little in Arsenal v Coventry (different if Coventry had been at home). I think you are missing what the essence of the cup is, underdog v Giant, and not yet more premiershite versus premiershite. You get that thrust down your throat every other week.

Big club merchant? Because I'd rather watch West Ham get thrashed? West Ham, big club? :hilarious:

Going to go against what most people think, but I don't actually mind the Premiership. Watching top quality players play a sport I love, I must be the devil right?

Oh yeah and I don't have Sky Sports and BT on my TV at home so I don't have it "thurst down my throat" every week.

You say the cup is about underdogs, which is right, but before you say that Arsenal vs Coventry isn't that because Arsenal are at home. Surely that is a bigger story if a smaller club goes to the home of the giants and beat them.

Hull are barely giants either and they will be playing their reserves, which you said in your first post shouldn't be scheduled for TV.

Back