• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I want to be fair to our club and so I need to remind myself that I, and post posters on here thought a crowd of 8-9,000 was likely AND no persons predicted an almost home support sell out. How many have Hull sold or will the North Bank be under used?

Also so have we any promotional specials for the game in shop? I think selling Blue balloons to fans walking in would be a hit!

Just had a quick look on the Hull Independent Supporters Club webiste and a thread was put on this morning regarding tickets. There is no clue to how many they have sold, only that they are now on general sale. They seemed to be a little surprised that we could sell out but then, as one put it, 'a big club is coming to town'. I dont think anyone should be that surprised that we might almost sell out a ground that only holds 11,500 approx for a 4th round fa cup game against a prem side, albeit, one of the smaller ones and also one that used to be managed by a guy who did so much for them.

I want to be fair to our club and so I need to remind myself that I, and post posters on here thought a crowd of 8-9,000 was likely AND no persons predicted an almost home support sell out. How many have Hull sold or will the North Bank be under used?

Also so have we any promotional specials for the game in shop? I think selling Blue balloons to fans walking in would be a hit!

This does stink of a lower league football club type thing. I know we are but i personally hate the whole balloon thing. We are a professional football club of over 100 years history as are Hull, i doubt they will have balloons etc

This does stink of a lower league football club type thing. I know we are but i personally hate the whole balloon thing. We are a professional football club of over 100 years history as are Hull, i doubt they will have balloons etc

Get over yourself...anything to add to the noise / atmosphere is surely a good thing.....you never know, a few newbies might enjoy the whole experience ....and wait for it, could come back to The Hall again ...:omg:

Get over yourself...anything to add to the noise / atmosphere is surely a good thing.....you never know, a few newbies might enjoy the whole experience ....and wait for it, could come back to The Hall again ...:omg:

I dont need to get over myself. I agree with the atmosphere issue and am totally behind what we can do, but with all due respect, i personally dont think balloons is the best way to do it, thats all, just creates a mess on the pitch and at times can disrupt the game itself. Didn't realise it would cause such a reaction.

TBV will be in x block

HI Scott

I have no doubt you are on this , but it would be good to know exactly what is going on for Saturday , as the ticket office doesn't know.
Can those of us that bought tickets before the club was selling tickets for W still stand in W on Saturday, if we would prefer to do so instead of moving to X? Or will we be told to sit down, and/or potentially be sitting in a seat that has been sold to someone else (and is the sitting in someones elses seat also an issue for X block).

TBV in X will be further away from the rest of the stand , however I am guessing that there will be a lot of us who normally stand in W that would prefer to stay there , which could actually help with the atmosphere in getting the rest of the stand to join in.

I think once you know it would be worth starting a separate thread so everyone knows where they stand (ho ho)

Latest helpful exchange with the Club....

@ryanmurrant: Tickets selling fast, great crowd due on Saturday. A win and we'd be in #Bluetopia

@Ice_Speedway: @ryanmurrant Still a little concerned by this issue with freedom to move to TBV section/Block W. Going to be a real problem.

@ryanmurrant: @Ice_Speedway hello, that is something that our stadium manager is managing

@Ice_Speedway: @ryanmurrant Will we get official clarification shortly? Club feed said it would be fine yesterday, but I can't see how with x block sales.

@ryanmurrant: @Ice_Speedway the club will communicate anything it feels it needs to. They dont seem to be concerned right now so thats a good thing

You are correct! We are a lower league club; and a club that needs to tap into all possible revenue and attendance incomes that are reasonable and assist in promoting the club and may add to the entertainment on offer. I am sure any positive ideas you have will be welcomed.

Just seen this on the HULL forum:

I had a look on the Shrimpers board and they are close to selling out, I thought I would have a look how many people lived in Southend on Sea and was amazed to find it's nearly 174,000 so if they can sell 10,000 tickets it's a bit poor, is it a rugger area?

Assume he means cant sell etc

the noise a balloon brings to a football match eh??

I always wondered why car showrooms put balloons out the front? have you?...... 'oooh look mummy balloons, yes Oliver how lovely, wait a second darling are they attached to a Nissan Proton'??? £13,000 later

Just seen this on the HULL forum:

I had a look on the Shrimpers board and they are close to selling out, I thought I would have a look how many people lived in Southend on Sea and was amazed to find it's nearly 174,000 so if they can sell 10,000 tickets it's a bit poor, is it a rugger area?

Assume he means cant sell etc

That's about right ........ for the size of the conurbation, we do have a relatively low level of attendance. There are other factors of course - such as people travelling to London clubs and other attractions such as Sealife and Adventure Island (eh? :unsure:) and remember Hull weren't exactly packing out Boothferry park for many years.

If only we could find a place to build a new ground ........................ :omg:

Back