• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just seen this on the HULL forum:

I had a look on the Shrimpers board and they are close to selling out, I thought I would have a look how many people lived in Southend on Sea and was amazed to find it's nearly 174,000 so if they can sell 10,000 tickets it's a bit poor, is it a rugger area?

Assume he means cant sell etc

Link?

Kingston upon Hull has a population of 256,100 yet when we played them in the cup a couple of years ago they only managed around 7,000.

Maybe they should do a keep your stub thing, to avoid ticket problems in the next round (in the unlikely event of us getting through a drawing a big team at home).

TBV will be in x block

Still doesn't explain the fact that the Club are saying that we can freely move over to Block X, especially if they have now sold the adjacent blocks next to the NW corner...

HI Scott

I have no doubt you are on this , but it would be good to know exactly what is going on for Saturday , as the ticket office doesn't know.
Can those of us that bought tickets before the club was selling tickets for W still stand in W on Saturday, if we would prefer to do so instead of moving to X? Or will we be told to sit down, and/or potentially be sitting in a seat that has been sold to someone else (and is the sitting in someones elses seat also an issue for X block).

TBV in X will be further away from the rest of the stand , however I am guessing that there will be a lot of us who normally stand in W that would prefer to stay there , which could actually help with the atmosphere in getting the rest of the stand to join in.

I think once you know it would be worth starting a separate thread so everyone knows where they stand (ho ho)

Must be a pretty small section as I was sold tickets on row B!

Ticket office having a nightmare as soon as more people want to buy a ticket, what a surprise...

Right, this is straight from the horses mouth, as there seems to be some confusion about TBV will be on Saturday.
Put a call into the club at lunchtime and Bradley has just rung me back at 14:45 to confirm the following:-

Yes, they have sold W Block - so there will be people with tickets for those seats.
Yes, they have sold SOME tickets for X Block.

HOWEVER, an area of X Block has been reserved for TBV as 'unallocated seating' and this area has not had tickets sold for it, nor will it, and therefore it will act as W block usually does. :winking:

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense to move TBV to X as TBV being in W and many used to standing this would cause problems with the views from X if those in W still wanted to stand; would be Catch 22 situation, this would cause issues with the 'standers' in W having to be forced to sit when they don't want to and/or disgruntled people in X having views blocked. :angry:

With TBV moved to far end of X the opportunity is still there for standing as the only view being blocked will be the unsold segregation seats in Y and Z. :thumbsup:

Mind you, still expect a fair bit of confusion on Saturday...:facepalm:

I want to be fair to our club and so I need to remind myself that I, and post posters on here thought a crowd of 8-9,000 was likely AND no persons predicted an almost home support sell out. How many have Hull sold or will the North Bank be under used?

Also so have we any promotional specials for the game in shop? I think selling Blue balloons to fans walking in would be a hit!

I said it would be a sell out from the off.

Right, this is straight from the horses mouth, as there seems to be some confusion about TBV will be on Saturday.
Put a call into the club at lunchtime and Bradley has just rung me back at 14:45 to confirm the following:-

Yes, they have sold W Block - so there will be people with tickets for those seats.
Yes, they have sold SOME tickets for X Block.

HOWEVER, an area of X Block has been reserved for TBV as 'unallocated seating' and this area has not had tickets sold for it, nor will it, and therefore it will act as W block usually does. :winking:

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense to move TBV to X as TBV being in W and many used to standing this would cause problems with the views from X if those in W still wanted to stand; would be Catch 22 situation, this would cause issues with the 'standers' in W having to be forced to sit when they don't want to and/or disgruntled people in X having views blocked. :angry:

With TBV moved to far end of X the opportunity is still there for standing as the only view being blocked will be the unsold segregation seats in Y and Z. :thumbsup:

Mind you, still expect a fair bit of confusion on Saturday...:facepalm:

OK, but how will this be policed and is it just a case of first come, first served when you rock up in Block X? Which part of X is unallocated? Still not sure why the Club are being so cagey.

OK, but how will this be policed and is it just a case of first come, first served when you rock up in Block X? Which part of X is unallocated? Still not sure why the Club are being so cagey.

I'm guessing the front in unallocated. When I went down this morning to get my tickets it only had spaces at the back and none at all down the front.

Just seen this on the HULL forum:

I had a look on the Shrimpers board and they are close to selling out, I thought I would have a look how many people lived in Southend on Sea and was amazed to find it's nearly 174,000 so if they can sell 10,000 tickets it's a bit poor, is it a rugger area?

Assume he means cant sell etc

And someone replied:

West Ham and Spurs area.

A lot of the residents of Southend are of cockney heritage who moved out post-war (and had their children), but kept and passed on the support of their team.

In the mean time there's another thread on that site:

Sagbo

Could be interesting if he plays on Saturday.

And someone replied:

Some of these fans also have very short memories. Before they had the new ground and increased revenue from a Multi Millionaire backer etc they used to get crowds of a similar size to us if not smaller. I certainly went away to Boothery Park when the crowd was less than 5,000. I dont doubt that if we ever build the new ground and progressed up the leagues we would fill it the same as your Hulls, Derbys, Cardiff and Swansea etc

Important information regarding number of tickets left and the Blue Voice section

Important ticket information for Hull City

Please be aware we now only have 200 tickets left for sale for the Hull City and these are singles and restricted view seats in the South Lower.

Once these tickets are gone we will be keeping a waiting list for any returns/seats that become available. We do not expect many seats to become available.

Important Blue Voice information

We have reserved a section of Block X for the Blue Voice as has been operational for league games during the season so far.

We are aware that during league games people have been relocating to the Blue Voice area without facilitating a seat move on our ticketing system.

Given the demand for the game against Hull City and that the game will be sold out to home supporters, such unauthorised seat moves will not be permitted game.

However, we want to ensure the atmosphere is as good as it can be for the game against Hull, therefore if you wish to re-locate to be in the Blue Voice for the game, we have a restricted number of seats available for you to move your seat into that section.

This can only be done in advance up until midday on Friday. After this time no seat changes will permitted, especially on matchday. Should you attempt to do this on the day of the game, you risk rejection from the stadium.

The seats freed up by anyone moving in the rest of the ground will be sold to the people on the waiting list/anyone visiting the ticket office in person on Friday afternoon.

No telephone calls will be taken on Friday so please do not attempt to call due to the demand we have had for this game.

We would like to thank everyone who has purchased tickets for the game and we look forward to welcoming you to Roots Hall on Saturday.

Prices:

Adults: £20 (£15 for Season Card holders)
Seniors (60+): £15 (£10 for Season Card holders)
Young Persons (17-20)/Students/Juniors (9-16): £10 (£5 for Season Card holders)
Under-8’s: £5 (£1 for Season Card holders)

The discounted price for Season Card holders is only when tickets are purchased in advanced, and not on the day of the game.

The whole of the North Bank will be allocated to the visiting supporters.

To book tickets, please call 08444 770077 or visit the Blues Box Office at Roots Hall.

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...cket-details-1281291.aspx#sb2vLdTwZfxSchgo.99

Good effort in making this tie against a lower premier league club nearly a sell out. Hats off after all the disappointment after the draw had been made. Gutted I can't be there :sad:

This new Blue Voice section is going to be a right farce. Why not just leave us where we are and sell Block X!?

Back