• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bentley
Augar Prosser Thompson Coker
Leonard Clifford Timlin
Atkinson Corr Straker

Smith Phillips Laird Payne Hurst Woodrow Eastwood

2-1 Blues :thumbsup:

Bentley
Augar Prosser Thompson Coker
Leonard Clifford Timlin
Atkinson Corr Straker

Smith Phillips Laird Payne Hurst Woodrow Eastwood

2-1 Blues :thumbsup:

Not a bad shout Essex Shrimper. For me I would swap Strakes for Hursty but only as a rotational rest/refresh type move. And the new guy (Bedsente) on the bench so he might get 10 minutes if all is going ok.

I presume you know that White is not available. That's not good. It will be interesting to see if any information comes out of the club. Based on the fact that there has been a week since the last game, I would not be surprised to see him available.

Otherwise the selection you suggest seems to be pretty standard - except I see it as a 4-5-1 formation or even better a 4-1-4-1. Would prefer to see Hurst in the team but having him on the bench just gives another option.

I think the weather calms down a little for Saturday so hopefully it will be able to play football in what is a pretty nice football ground ........... but I won't be travelling all the way down there.

Come on you Thames Estuary Saxonarios ..............

A back 4 of Thompson, Phillips, Prosser, Coker would be my bet.

Yes, he will not risk playing Auger just yet. Thompson is more than capable of filling in at right back.

Not sure if I would bring Hurst back in for Clifford, with Atkinson dropping back into the middle, or leave it as it was on Saturday? Tough call.

I thought Auger did ok against Newport but I'd still favour Thompson at right back. Would also bring in Hurst for Clifford.

Wont be doing this one this time - which is shame as I love the weekend away there.
Lets hope that there is no more severe weather/rain as we don't want the game postponed especially as it is such a long way to travel

With White out injured, I think that it's already been mentioned that Thompson would be happy to fill in at right back. The only other option is Leonard, but he is playing too well in midfield, so that is very unlikely.

- G.

Just a little heads up... Leonard is 6/1 anytime goalscorer with the main bookies. 3 goals in 2 games, high on confidence and out to prove a point against his old side. May be worth getting a couple of bob on at that price.

Back