• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another great home performance and the last couple of home games has shown we can play a very good 4-5-1 switching to 4-3-3 and it's not too negative for home games.

Bentley-9 if he carries on like this he won't only be the best keeper in the league but the best outside the Prem!

O'Neill-7 unlucky to get injured, was looking good
Prosser-7.5 clean sheet solid enough game
Phillips-7 clean sheet still looks slightly off on some decisions/match fitness
Coker-8 dynamism, grit and composure

Timlin- 7.5 put in a shift, good in the 2nd half when he played it simple, 1st half trying clever flicks etc wasn't working
Atkinson- 8 work rate to match Timlin but kept it simple
Leonard- 9 Phil Brown listed his attributes and DTS summed him up in a tweet last night "most complete midfielder in league 2"

Straker-8 Gives the team more than many give him credit for, he may mis control now and again but when he gets it right he's set up to beat men and put it on a plate, like he did for hurst
Hurst-8 This front 3 are playing so well together, another goal.
Corr- 9 work rate as always and a sublime finish, always thought he was decent but maybe overrated here, winning me over every game. #barrycorrgasm although I did have Leonard last scorer at 18-1 so that goal lost me £180, won't hold it against you though Barry.

Thompson-7 did his bit when he came on

We were closed down a lot in the 1st half and they made it hard for us, the 2nd half showed just how hard it is physically to close down a side like ours as they were knackered and we cut through them easily. Fittest Southend side I've ever seen

Man what a performance!!!! Just seen the highlights and there was something about every goal that oozed class.

Bentley - 9 - Would have been motm but his saves were at 3-0 mostly.

O'Neil - 7 - Looked really comfortable at this level, great ball to strakes, shame he had to go off!
Phillips - 7 - Couple of dodgy moments and should have given away a penalty if it was him. Battled well against his marker though!
Prosser - 8 - Can't believe how good he is now. Great decision making at the back.
Coker - 8 - Busy all day and is an important part about the way we play on the deck.

Timlin - 8.5 - Industrious, good assist for the second goal. Broke up the play well.
Leonard - 9 motm - Keeps churning out 9/10 performances! Started the move for his goal.
Atkinson - 7.5 - Like Timlin put in so much energy and broke up play. Involved in the second goal.

Straker - 8.5 - The assist might not be bettered for the first goal this season.
Corr - 8.5 - Was such a handful and really bossed the defenders. The way he chipped the keeper was quality, waited for the right moment and always looked in control.
Hurst - 8 - Another goal, could have had another. Brown is right he is more a striker now days.

Thompson - 7 - Had to grow into the position and was caught out at the start of the second half a few times out of position...was solid afterwards and claimed an assist for the third.
Eastwood - 6.5 - Did okay coming on and got involved.
Woodrow - 7 - Looked composed and had a couple of good moments down the left channel.

That second goal was purely down to the middle three combining. Really scrumptious goal.

Disappointed with Brown bringing Eastwood on. Surely 3-0 up at home would have been the perfect time to give Payne a run out.

Disappointed with Brown bringing Eastwood on. Surely 3-0 up at home would have been the perfect time to give Payne a run out.

Yeah I made that shout....think it is probably because of Eastwoods wages. Actually saying that I would have had Payne on instead of Woodrow! At least Jack is our player.

We were quality but can't quite believe they didn't get that penalty in the first half, as clear-cut a pen as I've ever seen. The one in the second looked very soft, but the ref probably knew he'd got the one in the first half wrong.

We were quality but can't quite believe they didn't get that penalty in the first half, as clear-cut a pen as I've ever seen. The one in the second looked very soft, but the ref probably knew he'd got the one in the first half wrong.

Was that the one where Leonard made the tackle? Looks like he got the ball from my position in the West.

Was that the one where Leonard made the tackle? Looks like he got the ball from my position in the West.

You are spot on! Looking at the video it was the perfect tackle. Their players never reacted and the referee had a clear view. Brilliant defending.

Surely we need to get Freddy as fit as we can as we are light up front and may need him at some point. We have plenty of midfielders.

Yeah I made that shout....think it is probably because of Eastwoods wages. Actually saying that I would have had Payne on instead of Woodrow! At least Jack is our player.

Doubt it, if he has appearance bonuses it would make more sense not to play him if anything.

Strikers NEED match fitness more than middies, they need the "edge" and both Fred and CW are more likely to figure over the next 3 games. Good decision by Mr Brown.

Back