• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I got to know Steve through traveling on the TZ trips - I soon came to admire and enjoy his cynical wit.
Steve possessed one of the greatest attributes a person can have, in that he could laugh at life and laugh he did - long and loud.
I and many others on here, whose lives Steve touched, enjoyed sharing that laughter with him.

Rest in Peace Steve mate

R.I.P. fellow shrimper. I too didn't have the pleasure of meeting him, just amused by some of his posts.
My thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time

absolutely tragic when someone dies so young. I shall miss his wit which was always hovering just below the surface. Condolences to his family and relatives.

RIP Big Man.

Was great catching up and having a few beers with Steve after the Hull City Game.

Big character on and off the Zone.

Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I like some others heard about this yesterday and it is quite difficult to comprehend, especially at such a young age as well. My thoughts are with his family and I am sending my sincere condolences.
The last time I spoke to him he came back to me with his usual comments and told me in his light hearted and cheeky way to "f**k" off
RIP Steven.

Please let me know if the zone is making a collection for flowers or something in respect to him as I would like to contribute

I heard the bad news last night and struggled to get my head round it.

We have lost some very nice guys in the last year and a bit and it really hits us older fans hard.

Steven was one of the funniest blokes I knew, I am not sure how much was intentional -- I know if he had a bee in his bonnet he always put his views across and would entertain us with his comments.

I only had to say "Trust coaches" to him and sit back and listen to his views, great fun all round.

He will be sorely missed.

Didn't know him personally but was often amused by his witty posts on here. Very sad news, sincere condolences to Naps, family and friends.

RIP Steve.

I remember a couple of seasons back moving over to the South for 1 game for a change of scenery, i was sat slap bang behind fatso, I still chuckle now how he nearly lost his pie over the side because he wasn't concentrating, but caught it with the speed of a Cobra and carried on like a true ledge :-) RIP Fatso, bring us some luck in future games mate ...

RIP Steven.

I only knew him through Napster for a short time when Paul had kindly invited me to go to Fleetwood last season along with Yorkshire Blue and Blue_Wes and the Big Man himself. Had a great day made all the better for him being there, that trip will now live long in the memory.

Sorry to hear the loss of another Shrimper! Didn't know Steven but would often see him in The Spread and south-upper. Always seemed to have a smile (sometimes not easy being a shrimper). Although I didn't know Steven personally his choice of football team was superb! Condolences to all family and friends at this sad time x

Can't get my head around losing Steve. Great company, opinionated, but always made me laugh. I'll always remember him as the Vodka Twin's faithful sidekick - RIP xxxxx

I was very shocked and saddened to read about this. I never knew fatso, but saw him around a few times. There are many members of this board that I will see at matches without even realising who they are, but such was Steven's profile on here that he was instantly recognisable, and he always struck me as being quite a character.

There were times that I would feel a bit sorry for him for some of the stick he got on here, but it quickly became obvious to me that he did actually love the banter and even thrived on it. It is such a shame that yet another character that makes this board so great has been taken from us, and at such an age makes it all the more distressing and incomprehensible. I am sure that H will look out for him and give him plenty of heavenly red rep.

I do feel particularly for those of you who counted Steven as a friend and are missing him terribly right now. I can see by reading through this thread that for all the banter and the neg repping, he was clearly loved and appreciated and he enriched the lives of so many, which is such a wonderful testament he can have.

My thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear of the loss of a fellow Shrimper who was so obviously loved by all who knew him. Didn't know ldnfatso at all, just from here on SZ, and very much enjoyed his witticisms and banter. 41 is no age, terrible news. Many condolences to family and friends, and all who knew him.

Rest in peace fella xx

Back