• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

80 posts I'm touched and I'm amazed. Thank you so much. Myself and my family are extremely thankful for all your kind comments

I've already said elsewhere.....utterly stunned at this tragic news. Was only sharing a joke with him a couple of weeks ago in the Last Post.
Will be sadly missed....another Shrimper gone way too early. RIP Steve.

20100130183731!245px-Chief_Wiggum.png

RIP Steve

As a long-time lurker, I always enjoyed fatso/fasto's posts, he will be a great loss to the massive family that is Southend United. Rest in Peace, and my thoughts and best wishes are with his family.

So saddened to hear this news yesterday, still saddened by it today. One of those Southend supporters who gave as good as he got banter wise and both dealt and received it with a grin. My heart goes out to those friends I know were particularly close to him, and to his family. Naps, I did try and email you this morning, but I realised the address I've got is probably not the right one now.

I hope that the Zone will be collecting for flowers, if that's permitted, when the time comes.

RIP Steve. Condolences and big hugs to those for whom a little ray of sunshine has gone from their lives.

Very sad news, never met the poster but enjoyed his posts and thoughts
my thoughts with the family , far too young to die

So saddened to hear this news yesterday, still saddened by it today. One of those Southend supporters who gave as good as he got banter wise and both dealt and received it with a grin. My heart goes out to those friends I know were particularly close to him, and to his family. Naps, I did try and email you this morning, but I realised the address I've got is probably not the right one now.

I hope that the Zone will be collecting for flowers, if that's permitted, when the time comes.

RIP Steve. Condolences and big hugs to those for whom a little ray of sunshine has gone from their lives.

Definitely up for a donation, though I hope all flowers will be red (well maybe with a bit of blue).

so sorry to hear and read this sad news, I hope they can get something into the programme for Saturdays game or next Tuesdays match as a tribute to him
I know all the thoughts from Southend fans will be with his family and close friends at this very sad time

Terribly sad news, only knew him as we spoke to mutual friends, normally in the Spread, but always seemed to be smiling.

Totally shocked and my sincere thoughts are with his immediate family, and his "family" at SUFC.

Was really shocked when I was told this morning. We had a quick chat only the other day in the Spread before the Newport game....

All my condolences to Naps and all Steve's family and close friends.

Seems so wrong to lose someone at such an early age.

Ldnfatso/Chief Wiggum/Steve, R.I.P., sleep well.

Was just looking on my Facebook and saw the other day both me and Steve annoying Chris Phillips on his status about which ex shrimper he should interview for charity. We rattled off name after name and no doubt Chris was extremely ****ed off yet I know both me and Steve were smiling. Although Mark Gower was never mentioned :winking:

RIP Steve, you always brought laughter.

I never met the man but enjoyed his posts and his obvious delight to get red rep.

Another sad loss to go with so many in recent times.

Thoughts with family and friends

I only met Steve and Harry at the City booze ups but two nicer guys you could not wish to meet. They both had a knack of establishing an instant banter and rapport with you even though you had only just met them, it felt a good place to be. A very bad day to see Steve go.

me and him pretty much hated each other on this forum, I would like to think it was real pantomime stuff. We never saw eye to eye about anything much, but reluctantly He used to amuse me considerably (but not all the time I am not going soft) The bottom line is I am extremely sad and shocked by this. I remember our battles when Bernard Manning died. But this time there will be no battles.I raise a glass to you and I will salute your memory and will never hold a bad thought against you. RIP x

Back