• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For some unknown reason, i have this feeling we will get to Wembley for the Play Off final?. Having waited decades for us to grace the 'hallowed turf', it would be typical SUFC to play there twice in just over a year.

There are plenty of teams with less "clout" than us. Orient are pushing for promotion....

They are owned by men who are making a success of their business and are genuine supporters of the club and back them.

All the opposites to Ron Martin.

We all know our guys are not playing to their ability and potential over the last few weeks, and we all know that the heavy pitches, wind and injuries are temporary. I expect the "tide" to turn and a run to start soon.
Luke will be back in a week or so and slot back into CB next to MP and Thommo can go out right if JW's shoulder is still concerning him. IT IS NOT PANIC TIME!

They are owned by men who are making a success of their business and are genuine supporters of the club and back them.

All the opposites to Ron Martin.

Has Barry Hearn invested more in the team? Doubt it.

Certainly runs the club better than Ron, but Im not sure that the team budget is any better because of it, they just arent building up massive debts.

Personally think Orient will end up in the play-offs. Brentford look shoe-ins and Wolves have the strength in depth to see it through. Could be wrong, they may just sneak into the top 2 but the play-offs would still be a massive achievement on their budget and with their squad size to be fair. Much as I dislike them fair play to them for a great season.

Of course I hope they don't go up as it'd be great to possibly regain the Borient/inbreds derbies next season should we manage to get out of this dreadful league..... :whistling:

Has Barry Hearn invested more in the team? Doubt it.

Certainly runs the club better than Ron, but Im not sure that the team budget is any better because of it, they just arent building up massive debts.

I'd agree he probably hasn't invested more in the team. He isnt gambling on the club's future and he is only spending what the club can afford.

They have steadily improved league position over 10 years and vastly improved their ground with 3 new sides despite smaller attendances than we have. Granted the flats in the corners funded a fair bit but either way he is leagues above Ron.

I'd agree he probably hasn't invested more in the team. He isnt gambling on the club's future and he is only spending what the club can afford.

They have steadily improved league position over 10 years and vastly improved their ground with 3 new sides despite smaller attendances than we have. Granted the flats in the corners funded a fair bit but either way he is leagues above Ron.

He certainly had the advantage of a ground he could develop a bit
RM inherited debts , some of which were due to VJ building on the South Bank....

Newport have forced them back into contention thanks to our bad run and the fact they have so many games in hand.

We don't do bad against the better sides so I wouldn't bet against us.

If we are in the play offs come May no reason to fear anyone,bit of a lottery really but our record against the top teams this season has been very respectable.

After recent seasons I really can't be bothered with the stress of the play-offs. Saying that, automatics are looking like a big ask now. On the positive side, we've tended to do better against the top teams than the lower teams and at the end of the day, anyone can beat anyone in League Two. We're playing Rochdale, Fleetwood and Burton all in the last few weeks of the season so at least we'll know all about each other.

Back