• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Please post all reports and ratings here.

1 point from a possible 9 is not acceptable.

Performance sounded much better, but now 5 points off 3rd. Brown said that February was key to how our season would go and 1 point from a possible 9 is just poor.

Nice to see he freshened it up in midfield tonight, not....season finished as he aint got a clue when the rot sets in!

It's funny how you had nothing to say when we were flying. It's as if you feed on negativity.

Nice to see he freshened it up in midfield tonight, not....season finished as he aint got a clue when the rot sets in!

[video=youtube;y6Sxv-sUYtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

Automatics starting to slip away and Newport gaining ground in 8th. Squeaky bum time.

It's funny how you had nothing to say when we were flying. It's as if you feed on negativity.

Relax, the truth hurts, Brown hasn't got a move in the book when the chips are down. Not being negative just pointing out that he has hardly changed the team since we were looking tired. Have said it since before the Dagenham game and it is now spiralling out of control. Can't really see us averaging 1 point a game in the next four, realist not Shrimperzone head in the sand merchant!

The team did ok wiggy. very unlucky to have a few attempts cleared of the line. Yes Timlin made an error but to be fair to their lad it still needed a quality strike to finish it off.
e

To be fair he did what most people were saying he should do, revert back to 451 to get back to the midfield that served us so well.

Thats freshening it up, not sure who I would have wanted him to leave out, would be nice to see Laird back, but in replacement of who I dont know.

Relax, the truth hurts, Brown hasn't got a move in the book when the chips are down. Not being negative just pointing out that he has hardly changed the team since we were looking tired. Have said it since before the Dagenham game and it is now spiralling out of control. Can't really see us averaging 1 point a game in the next four, realist not Shrimperzone head in the sand merchant!

I do agree, our form is very much on the downturn and not good enough, but it must be or you wouldnt be here as Tommy says :smile::smile:

Someone recently asked you what would you do, and Id like to know. You seem very good at coming on here over the years when results dont go our way and laying criticism down, but you never seem to have the conviction to actually suggest what Brown should do as an alternative.

He changed the team from 451 to 442 to try to accomodate Barnard, after a few poor performances he has reverted back to the formation that did us well. He is making changes despite what you say.

This was a good game and we are much better than the draw score suggests.
Another day, with a good rub of the green and some of the post/deflections/line clearances would have gone for us; another day and it would have been a foul on Lennie and row z from Tims and a good 3 pts....but not tonight.......AND we are back to form, sharp and UP FOR IT........(unlike some of the posters who didn't go to the game!).

Dan 7, few saves, no chance with goal,
Ben Coker, 8, back to his best, contender for M o M.
Whitey, 7 worked well all night.
MP, 7 great early tackle, silly booking.
Thommo 6, steady, unlucky not to have scored!
Tims 6/7, good work, ran and ran, big mistake for the goal when a hoof would have been safe.
Lennie, 7 tireless, strong
Atko, 7, much better in the centre.
Hurst 7, better, drifted on occasions but worked well.
Strakes 7, good game from The Daddy!
Barry, 7/8, tireless and scored, could have had a few more but for post and some very lucky goalline defending.

Fred, 7, worked left side well

PB, Cocko etc; much better from the sidelines; where were you on Saturday?
BlueVoice...much better tonight as well.

Were you there tonight?

Wiggy, is a troll. Stop feeding it.

That was way, way better than the last few outings against a decent Hartlepool side. Lets not forget we hit the bar once, and had four efforts kicked off the line. On another day that would have been three points in the bag. Hartlepool score one of the better goals we will see this season, and to be fair, made us fight for a point at the end.

The doom mongers will be out, no doubt, they always are after we fail to batter someone, but actually there is a lot more positive to come out of today than negatives. The passing looked better, the movement was better and we created chances. All the things we stopped doing well after the Hull game. What is also clear is that Barnard and Corr in the same team doesn't suit us. I also believe we need Prosser back ASAP coz neither Phillips or Thompson fill me with much confidence at the moment.

That was way, way better than the last few outings against a decent Hartlepool side. Lets not forget we hit the bar once, and had four efforts kicked off the line. On another day that would have been three points in the bag. Hartlepool score one of the better goals we will see this season, and to be fair, made us fight for a point at the end.

The doom mongers will be out, no doubt, they always are after we fail to batter someone, but actually there is a lot more positive to come out of today than negatives. The passing looked better, the movement was better and we created chances. All the things we stopped doing well after the Hull game. What is also clear is that Barnard and Corr in the same team doesn't suit us. I also believe we need Prosser back ASAP coz neither Phillips or Thompson fill me with much confidence at the moment.

The 2nd paragraph is key. Key is stay patient when not winning despite playing well. this can easily suck you in to a loss of confidence.

You and your bloody near misses, another point at home is not good enough and you know it!

Hit the bar, ball stopped on the line etc etc. Had Timlin not hit the ball across the goal, we would have 3 points tonight.

Straker was better than Hurst so how Hurst got MOM i'll never know.

Back