• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which players would you offer a new contract to?

• Total voters
I'm surprised that Mark Phillips isn't getting much love. As a squad player he's perfect for League 2.

He will be another year older and no doubt more of a liability. If we can get someone else in who is experienced but better then bye bye but if not the let him stay.

He will be another year older and no doubt more of a liability. If we can get someone else in who is experienced but better then bye bye but if not the let him stay.

I don't think he's a huge liability, especially if he's 4th choice. I also don't think his lack of pace is as big an issue as some think, because his positioning is really good.

I don't think he's a huge liability, especially if he's 4th choice. I also don't think his lack of pace is as big an issue as some think, because his positioning is really good.

How many games have you ACTUALLY seen him play this season? Alongside Prosser he does a perfectly adequate job because Prosser is SO good at his, but put him alongside one of the less experienced players we've had in and it's crystal clear that his judgement is not as good as it once was. Yes, his positioning CAN be good, but it's nowhere near as good as it was because his legs aren't as good as they were.

How many games have you ACTUALLY seen him play this season? Alongside Prosser he does a perfectly adequate job because Prosser is SO good at his, but put him alongside one of the less experienced players we've had in and it's crystal clear that his judgement is not as good as it once was. Yes, his positioning CAN be good, but it's nowhere near as good as it was because his legs aren't as good as they were.

Plenty.

Also, Prosser is good, but let's not get carried away.

New deals for Leonard, Barnard (if fitness not an issue) and Payne.

Suspect the rest will go.

Hopefully building work at FF will begin this year which will enable PB to establish a squad capable of competing in L1 (not withstanding we may still be in L2 come this September).

Definitely offer new deals to Leonard, Payne, Laird and Bennett (who I think could be a very good player when fit). Smith and Phillips are goners, Barnard's only on loan and I wouldn't break the bank to sign him. I'd release Eastwood unless he has a great end to the season. Auger I'd give another year as he has shown promise and could be a good deputy to White. A loan spell might be good for him. Njie I think is destined to be released - has he scored for Histon yet? Gomis I've not seen yet. I'm torn over Straker - he can be excellent sometimes but then completely pants at other times. He does give us pace though which is something we lack. If we're still in League Two I'd keep him, but if we go up I don't think he's good enough for League One.

Fred needs to start or his career will be over in 3 months time. When he was starting early in the season he was scoring. He deserves the opportunity, especially as we are short on goals.

PB knows who he wants to keep and KH accepting a two year deal shows the way for others; I expect there to be a few more new contracts over the next month.

Never expected 127 votes in a day. Seems like SZ is alive after all!

Back