• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reading this thead I have just remembered I saw a Black Range Rover parked in Fossetts Way on Tuesday about 5pm, and there were 3 suited gents standing and talking in the middle of the field where the new stadium is planned to be built.

COULD it finally be about to start?

or they'd just buried someone where there's no danger of them being dug up in decades?

Reading this thead I have just remembered I saw a Black Range Rover parked in Fossetts Way on Tuesday about 5pm, and there were 3 suited gents standing and talking in the middle of the field where the new stadium is planned to be built.

Possible gangsters thinking the war chest is buried somewhere here.

Please don't build our hopes up.

Sorry, I had to stop for a ****.

Chris Phillips is more about the football side of things, I think the whole stadium side is more than just the sport.

That said Ron is making noises now, as I said after the last article the fact that he is confident enough to be doing so is a massive confidence booster.

If he is courting the echo it must surely because things are about to happen.

We have had plenty of false dawns in the past, this one certainly seems to be the most promising.

Indeed. As false dawns go, this is shaping up to be a whopper!

It's looking like we were right.

So much for keeping an eye on the Echo for some good news.

Not late spring yet.

As soon as spring expires thats the time to get the rotten fruit and vegetables out.

It's looking like we were right.

So much for keeping an eye on the Echo for some good news.

Still got a month to go to see the first "sod being sewn"

However where is the announcement of a contractor being appointed?....

Didnt someone post on here a while ago a "friend" of theirs had been appointed a contract on part of it ?

To be honest until Spring ends, or an announcement is made I personally cant be bothered to get much of an interest up.

Well this looks like it was a load of nonsense from the outset.

Jamie had a tweet chat with the journalist at the time and the wording wasnt what we hoped and surprised we didnt pick it up at the time

@colinchannon: Enjoyed meeting Phil Brown and Ron Martin last night. Exciting plans ... Blues fans won't want to miss @Essex_Echo in the coming weeks...

Then after Jamie complains about teasers:

Colin Channon ‏@colinchannon Mar 14
@Jamie_Manktelow 'Exciting plans' relates to Echo plans- not club plans . I want our papers to back the play-off push. We all want success.

So after all that he wasnt talking about the clubs plans at all.

Wouldn't be surprised if the contractor still hasn't been appointed.

Is this the longest drawn out stadium build in living history? That is a serious question. What is the longest time between planning permission and build time.

It drags on and on, Scunthorpe built Glandford Park about the time when Vic was keen on a new stadium for us. Now Scunthorpe have plans to build another stadium whilst we are still not out of the starting blocks!

I'm pretty sure that was pointed out towards the start of the thread...

Dont think so, just skimmed through the first 8 pages and no one seems to have noticed.

Is this the longest drawn out stadium build in living history? That is a serious question. What is the longest time between planning permission and build time.

Whilst it sucks lets bear in mind there are much worse stories out there. At least we still have a ground and didn't have to go through what Brighton did. Lets hope ours ends as well.

I would be happy to go through what Brighton did if we had a ground as good as theirs at the end of it

Back