• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

somer77

First post so please be gentle! Southend fan living in Bristol and after today's high court ruling that rovers can go ahead and build their new stadium thanks to the help of Sainsbury's, I'm now very worried about tomorrow nights match! Expect a celebratory crowd at the memorial! It's going to be loud and a party atmosphere! Think this could very much work against us and our quest to get back on a winning streak!

Uwe_stadium_proposal.jpg

And very nice it looks too. Interesting that the stadium replaces their current home which will be sold to a certain supermarket chain!

Suggest we get onto their forums and float the idea that it'll only have three sides.

That'll take the wind out of their sails!

Welcome welcome, no need to be nervous. We don't bite :winking:

I bet theirs gets built before RonnieWorld's fun palace opens its doors :hilarious:

Hopefully the players realise that they have to raise their games to salvage the season. Dropping out the playoffs might have been the best thing for us.

What a stunning looking stadium!

Good luck to Rovers.

FF stands for funny farm.

Uwe_stadium_proposal.jpg

And very nice it looks too. Interesting that the stadium replaces their current home which will be sold to a certain supermarket chain!

Suggest we get onto their forums and float the idea that it'll only have three sides.

That'll take the wind out of their sails!

It looks very nice indeed, I am sure it will have 4 sides, ours would have if a certain person could afford to do anything himself :winking: oh wait, no everything he has earn't since planning was passed 6 years ago? he has ploughed into our club to save us....Yawn.

It wont be a patch on the Ron Martin Memorial Andrews Taxis Papa Johns Arena when its finally built.

Does look very nice!! But I think it does look like a lifeless stadium,every side the same, genuinely preferred old stadiums

jnr

Banking collapse?

What banking collapse.

Well done to Bristol Rovers, who obviously have the right people running the club, who can actually afford/have the nouse to deliver on their promises.

A quote from a Rovers fan: "Nice new ground paid for by Sainsburys. Debt free. Boom"

So how comes they get a complete stadium fully funded by the sale of the Memorial Ground to Sainsbury. Yet we only get perhaps 3 sides?...Last I heard RH was worth IRO £35m?

As Ron has been putting his "own" £100k a month in to keep the club afloat. Surely there has to be plenty left in the kitty from the sale of RH to get a Main Stand built?

Looks nice. I did wonder if ours should be cosmetically re-designed, given it's almost 8 years old! Still looks good though..

Banking collapse?

What banking collapse.

Well done to Bristol Rovers, who obviously have the right people running the club, who can actually afford/have the nouse to deliver on their promises.

A quote from a Rovers fan: "Nice new ground paid for by Sainsburys. Debt free. Boom"

So how comes they get a complete stadium fully funded by the sale of the Memorial Ground to Sainsbury. Yet we only get perhaps 3 sides?...Last I heard RH was worth IRO £35m?

As Ron has been putting his "own" £100k a month in to keep the club afloat. Surely there has to be plenty left in the kitty from the sale of RH to get a Main Stand built?

We should have in mind they're no further forward than we are here, right?

We've got the ruling and the help from Sainsburys, just no bloomin' diggers!

Stadium looks very nice.Rovers although the smaller of the Bristol clubs have a fairly large fanbase and this should well push them onwards and upwards.Their fans have had it quite hard having to share a rugby ground and play in Bath as well before that.

Rover's are a lot more ahead of us with regards starting building etc.! Builders have already been tendered and appointed (same company who built Brighton's new stadium) and they should be looking at starting in the summer and will take approx. 36months to complete! They will have the bright new stadium long before we get ours I'm sad to say!!!

Yep - looks like Buckingham have been lined up already to build the development, which is not wholly unexpected when you see their recent portfolio of stadium work in the UK - it has many similarities in design to Stadium:MK, which, of course, was also delivered by Buckingham.

Bristol City are also redeveloping Ashton Gate in the not too distant future, and I wouldn't look much further than Buckingham there as well...

Of course, the major difference between the UWE development and FF is that they actually appear to have the capital to actually complete their tender process, select a Contractor and get them on site. We don't and haven't for the last 4 years.

Of course, the other thing to consider here, which works massively in Bristol Rovers' favour, is that their enabling development is truly enabling, in that the University will be getting a significant amount of space in and around the stadium, and this translates into either up-front capital contributions or long term revenue for the Football Club which adds weight to their business plan to then borrow cash to fund the initial stages of development.

In our case, we are using retail and housing development - two of the most wildly fluctuating and unpredictable methods of obtaining cash contributions, and, in the current climate, probably not the best enabling partners to use.

In fairness both SUFC and Bristol Rovers have spent decades trying to get a new stadium sorted. Whether one gets theirs a tad earlier than the other is neither here nor there. It goes to show how difficult this kind of project is even with Sainsburys in your corner. I note that unlike some new stadia both FF and the Bristol projects are privately funded and with no financial assistance from the council and both have taken longer to come to fruition than many where the council is a bit more proactive.

All in all good luck to The Gas in the future and even more luck to us!

Capacity 21,700 - £40m build cost.

Pretty much identical to FF in terms of capacity and cost. But they will have FOUR stands.

It has only taken them about 2 years from planning application submission, to appointing a developer as well. Which makes our situation look completely ridiculous. Over 7 years later, we still haven't appointed a developer. :facepalm:

Back