• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

most of us were fearing a relegation fight at the start of the season.

now we're calling for PB's head cos we're maybe not going to make the play-offs?

Though we have enough games left, the law of probabilities says this run must end sooner than later...

keep the faith!
I'm pretty sure almost none of us were predicting a relagation fight at the start of the season?

I am not a fan of a revolving door with managers and i think a lot of us predicted mid table for at the start of the season so we are ahead of that but the longer this run without a win goes on Brown will be under a lot of pressure,nature of the job and he will be very aware of this.

Amen to that!

I'd honestly rather give Tilson another shot on a temporary contract if we don't win on Monday.

You can't preside over the worst run in a clubs history playing league two teams and throw away a nine point cushion for a playoff spot and expect to keep your job.

Ron! Get on the blower and apologise to Steve!

the worst run in the clubs history. Where did you get that from. Stop making things up

To throw away a ten point cushion and be challenging for the autos then not is in my eyes a lot worse than being expected to be amongst it an finishing med table. This is a poor league and we have a very good squad so there can be no excuses.

Other posters who have looked at our historical runs cannot find a worse run than this.

It appears to be our worst run without a win ever

Other posters who have looked at our historical runs cannot find a worse run than this.

I suspect we have had worse runs, but not longer winless ones. We have probably had runs where we have got less than 8 points from 12 League matches but I have neither the time nor inclination to check.

Amen to that!

I'd honestly rather give Tilson another shot on a temporary contract if we don't win on Monday.

You can't preside over the worst run in a clubs history playing league two teams and throw away a nine point cushion for a playoff spot and expect to keep your job.

Really? He has shown no justification to warrant being in charge again, temporary or not

Amen to that!

Just like getting Eastwood and Barnard back, that's been a huge success hasn't it!

Up until this stagnant run started, Brown was considered an ok manager by most on here. He did the right things, his tactics were pretty good, the results were good and the players responded well to his man management. I'm at a total loss to understand why he has gone from hero to zero in terms of results. My neighbour (an Aston Villa fan) commented today that since the Hull game nothing has gone right and does that mean the Southend chairman has decided he doesn't want promotion now as he can't afford it. I guess he said that tongue in cheek, but it does make me wonder if there is something happening on the club management front which none of us know about.

Did you read the whole thread or just make a judgement based on, well nothing, unless you can prove otherwise?

I stand by my quote. I read the whole thread and based my response on the statement that 'we're on the worst run in the club's history' which I don't think we are but I can't be arsed to go over 107 years of records. Anyone who wants to check and prove me wrong is welcome.

Not sure why some are including the Hull game as part of the run with them being 3 divisions above us.

12 games without a win against teams in our division seems to be a bad enough record on its own.

The Echo article is ignoring the Hull game and only counting league games, yet we went 17 league games in the Championship without a win.

Back