• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watched it down the pub, terrific performance all round but Loza was the difference, 2 assists and a fantastic goal, he's pretty raw and on occasion he had a touch of the Francis Laurents but what a full debut that was, he could make the diffrerence.
:clap:

Coker gets MOM for me. He kept tight to his man all game, linked up well with the midfield and generally worked his nads off. Excellent performances all round.

Fantastic performance tonight. Loza was superb, reminded me of Britt in his first few months with us. Third goal was absolute quality. Agree that Coker was great, thought Leonard and Hurst looked back to top form as well. Our record against the top teams is really encouraging considering we may have to play them three times if we reach our aim. GREAT RESULT!

Egan as well looked fantastic. Be great if we could sign him up permanently for next season. Anyjuan know if his contract is up this summer with Sunderland?

Myself and Mrsblue have been saying for some time we need a pacy striker.

Case closed M'lud.

Loza was the difference. His pace, harassing of the Oxford back four and willingness to run made such a difference and lifted the team. Barnard seemed to come alive too. Loza created 2 goals and scored the third.

Great team performance tonight. Hopefully we can do the same again on Saturday against Torquay

Myself and Mrsblue have been saying for some time we need a pacy striker.

Case closed M'lud.

Loza was the difference. His pace, harassing of the Oxford back four and willingness to run made such a difference and lifted the team. Barnard seemed to come alive too. Loza created 2 goals and scored the third.

Great team performance tonight. Hopefully we can do the same again on Saturday against Torquay

Yes indeedy,

I feel good ,Do you?,The whole team as you say were lifted.

Gloating is very good.

Well this is a much jollier zone to visit now isn't it...................
Great energy in the performance tonight.
Don't really want to single out anyone and I know that Loza will get the plaudits , but I thought the centre backs were class , real class.

We don't have a chance of signing any of the loanees on a perm. Barring Barnard, if we wanted him anyway. They're all young and even if their contracts are up they'd still command fees, would probs go to tribunals. Doubtful we could afford any of Egan, loza and definitely not sokolik. Dream on.

Yes indeedy,

I feel good ,Do you?,The whole team as you say were lifted.

Gloating is very good.

Can't argue with the pace thing tonight, but I was also impressed with Barnie, I thought he linked well with Loza. With a bit more nous from Loza Barnie could have had a hat-trick. Southend MoM for me - Egan.

We don't have a chance of signing any of the loanees on a perm. Barring Barnard, if we wanted him anyway. They're all young and even if their contracts are up they'd still command fees, would probs go to tribunals. Doubtful we could afford any of Egan, loza and definitely not sokolik. Dream on.

Actually with Sokolik its already been stated his contract is up end of the season and he is playing for a permanent deal.

Sadly this is correct.

Always one isn't there.
Not having a go, I just think we need to support the team through both good and bad. I have a shocking cold at the moment but didn't even think about not going tonight. Funnily enough I'm feeling much better now :thumbsup:

Is it just me or does Egan remind anyone else of Maher?

Egan and Sokolik superb tonight, Egan should have scored but for a blinding save from Clarke.

I don't think Leonard had his best game, came alive last 15 but too many hoofs from him tonight. Early doors, he hooked one sideways and nearly out of the stadium, very unlike him

What a night. Been waiting weeks to get that winning feeling back.

Bentley 7..Comfortable with anything thrown at him

White 7..Tidy
Egan 8..Masterful. Has a great partnership there
Sokolik 8..Ditto
Coker 8.5..MOTM Played LB and left wing with pure class.
Hurst 8..Much better
Timlin 7..Usual hard work
Leonard 8..Kept it tidy. Grafted hard. Covered the whole pitch
Atkinson 7.5..Great workrate. Kept it simple
Barney 7.5...Looked like the Barney of old. Won countless headers and chased everything
Loza 8..The type of striker we've been missing. Quick and direct. Well done young man
Subs: Laird...7..OK. Gave away one bad pass, but chased and got it back. That'll do for me
Strakes..6.5 Not on long

Not having a go, I just think we need to support the team through both good and bad. I have a shocking cold at the moment but didn't even think about not going tonight. Funnily enough I'm feeling much better now :thumbsup:

I did not go because I knew it was on the telly,I could of lied and said I was there but I have my own mind and fancied a curry and wine and watching it in my Jim jams which was heaven.

Flashback to some of our earlier performances....relentless pressing of the opposition, good possesion of the ball with the added bonus of a pacy forward stretching the opposition as well as causing panic. Have to give MOM to oxford keeper two genuinely world class saves. Our MOM has to be Loza a hand in two goals and scoring the other. Dare we dream again????? Yeah lets ave it.
Atkinson seemed to have rediscovered his energy levels too.

Back