• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Just had a little look at the remaining fixtures, both for ourselves and those around us.

Just a reminder that ours are:

Torquay (H)
Cheltenham (A)
Wimbledon (H)
Rochdale (A)
Accrington (H)
Fleetwood (A)
Burton (H)

Of those you have to say that Rochdale and Fleetwood away are both tricky and a draw at either would be a bonus. The rest are distinctly winnable. I can see us getting 4 wins, a draw and 2 defeats from the last 7 games which would leave us on 69 Points. So would that be enough?

York and Plymouth have got 8 games left each - including those to be played tonight.

York's next 4 games are matches that mirror 4 of our remaining games (home to Torquay, Burton and Accrington, away at Rochdale) - their last 4 games are away at Oxford and Scunthorpe, home to Bury and Newport.

I can see York getting 15 points from these which would mean they would end up on 70 points.

Plymouth have got 4 home games left - Exeter tonight, Oxford, Wimbledon and Hartlepool. Their 4 remaining away games are at Burton, Newport, Bury and Pompey. I think they may fade a bit now and maybe pick up 12 points from their remaining games, leaving them on 67 points.

And what of last night's opponents Oxford, who like us have 7 games left? Their matches are home to Fleetwood, York and Accrington and away at Daggers, Plymouth, Scunthorpe and Northampton. Some pretty tricky games there, on last night's showing they could struggle a bit against some of the better sides and could struggle to muster 10 points leaving them, like us, on 69 points but currently with a slightly inferior goal difference.

All this is obviously conjecture and having supported the blues for over 30 years, I know that things rarely turn out as planned and there may be many twists and turns ahead. However it shows that our play off dreams are still very much alive and if we have got our confidence back following last night (which was on the back of two previous clean sheets and an excellent comeback win at Scunthorpe) then we may just squeak in and extend our season by at least a couple of games.

Keep the faith everyone and get behind the team!

Should look to win all our home games and against Cheltenham and see where the other two take us. I predict 4 Wins, 2 draws and 1 loss. For 69 points.

We need others to drop points or do us favours.....a dramatic change in form from us may not be enough....although very necessary. Time to buckle up fr the next ride on the SUFC rollercoaster

The "tricky" run-in might actually suit us as we seem to turn it on against those teams when the games are more open. After our performances against Chesterfield and Oxford we shouldn't be scared by playing any of the better footballing teams. It's the mid-table cloggers who keep the game tight that we struggle with.

If we play like last night we can win the lot. That was some (at times) Championship level football on display.

If we play like last night we can win the lot. That was some (at times) Championship level football on display.

This. If we can get back on the run we were on before the Hull game, we are unplayable at times. We have beaten the best in this division and can do so again. It's the worst I worry about though

Next up is Torquay at home. They are bottom of the League and we've just played a promotion chasing team off the park. What can possibly go wrong? :smile:

At least 15 points out of possible 21 might do it. Don't mind which games they come from.

Football League Two (Last 9 Seasons)
MaxMinAvePPG
1st978388.31.92
2nd927983.71.82
3rd887881.81.78
4th847379.01.72
5th817275.31.64
6th786972.71.58
7th786670.81.54
8th726368.71.49

I'd say we have to get 15 points, which I think is feasible. Win the next three, take a loss at Rochdale but hope to snatch a point, beat Accrington, although that'll be tougher than it looks if they're fighting for their lives, and then take one win from two in the final two games against the teams in and around us. We've seen that the teams around us seem to go through spells of great/awful form, we just need some of the others to get into a rut while we get into some good form.

Torquay may well be a tough game . Because history says that we dont perform against teams that are struggling to stay up .But ifthey win tonight then the game against us may well be a very open match .It wont be of ant use to them coming into the games and parking the bus at the back .And an open game will suit us very much .

At least 15 points out of possible 21 might do it. Don't mind which games they come from.

Football League Two (Last 9 Seasons)
MaxMinAvePPG
1st978388.31.92
2nd927983.71.82
3rd887881.81.78
4th847379.01.72
5th817275.31.64
6th786972.71.58
7th786670.81.54
8th726368.71.49

I come back to us getting 83 points and not going up. My first season was 1990. Maybe someone can tell me how often we've got 83 points since then?
67-68 for me this season. I think that will be enough for a play off spot.

York and Plymouth both winning. 45 minutes left for it to change though.

In a way I think its good that we have some higher placed teams to play as we seem to be more effective against the divisions higher placed sides

Back