• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Salford City FC

Much lower key definitely, although gain much publicity and dosh on the arrival of the Man Utd old boys when in level 8. With a totally redevelopment of their ground (on all four sides) within the last 2 years plus sizeable wage budget the similarities with ‘ricay are quite evident. Doubt Graham Alexander will be on the cheap either.

I'm not suggesting they aren't paying at the higher end of the league they were in but they are much more conservative than Billericay, who were laying out more than league two clubs on wage budget

Taken Danny Whitehead off Macc and Nathan Pond from Fleetwood today. Targeting Chris Neal as well. Whitehead has trebled his wages to around £2.5k a week. I’d be shocked if they don’t have a top 3 budget, and all on crowds of c. 1,200. They are absolutely chucking money at it.

The National League really is an odd mix of ex-92 Brotherhood who have fallen on hard times, village sides run on a shoestring and financially doped hobby clubs (particularly Salford Central, Swaythling Athletic, Kirkham & Wesham and the absolute ***** from Elstree). Salford are a decent bet for the title at 10/1 but they’ve got a fair few players under contract who they’d probably prefer to move on. I’d be very surprised if they don’t make the playoffs. Going to be a massive bunfight at the bottom with Swaythling, Gateshead, Barrow and Frankenstein & Redbridge all having their gross over-funding pulled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just signed Adam Rooney for an undisclosed fee from Aberdeen! Look like their big push, ably funded by their backers, to buy that FL place is into full swing.

Just signed Adam Rooney for an undisclosed fee from Aberdeen! Look like their big push, ably funded by their backers, to buy that FL place is into full swing.

Doing it a better way than Billericay though.

Not splashing the money when in the lower end on has been's like Pennant, Konchesky and O'Hara. The Class of 92 didn't get overly involved with decisions on the field and just let the managers get on with it. Whereas that egotistical maniac Tamplin couldn't stop putting his oar in at every opportunity.

Still splashing the cash nonetheless and also took on a midfielder from Peterborough on a 3 year deal just a couple of days ago.

Asides, so much for Tamplins £10k budget for this season, it’s already been upped to over £15k.

Attendance today at Wembley was 8,043, over 5000 less than the previous lowest attendance for a playoff final.

Attendance today at Wembley was 8,043, over 5000 less than the previous lowest attendance for a playoff final.

I went to see Ox U versus York C in the Conference play off several years ago and the crowd was 30k plus.
Just what Div2 does not need, another loaded cash club with few fans. What a derby against Morcembe that will be!

Apparently financial fair play doesn't apply to teams promoted from the National League until their third season, which seems a bit unfair considering how much money they have at their disposal. People talk about the Class of 92 but billionaire Peter Lim is where the money comes from.

They’ll just be another fleetwood at very best with very low crowds unless they get a new stadium and a couple more promotions, won’t happen.

I dont know if it was an official statement or not, but i was listening to TalkSport earlier after the game ended and promotion was won, it was implied that Man Utd would send them alot more of their youth players to be developed there rather than Rochdale, Oldham etc in order to tighten a closer bond between the two clubs.

They’ll be fine as long as Peter Lim stays involved he’s worth £2.5b so I’m sure they would be fine if they pulled out.

Great. Just what the world needs - another Manc club with money thrown at them.

Back