• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxford have to play York and Plymouth. Who knows what's going to happen. IF we win every single game I'll be happy.

We are never going to win every game, hence we need teams around us to drop points as well. As there are a few games they play each other (York have a really tough 4 games coming up) then thats going to happen.

We need to make sure we win against the likes of Torquay/Wimbledon/Accrington and then hope we can get something from Cheltenham/Rochdale/Fleetwood away.

The game against Burton could be huge!

If this was January or February, or if there was only a few points between us and the autos, I can see an argument for a York win or a draw, but curretnly there only a handful of games left, and realisticly only the play-off to play for.

For that reason, we should only care about getting into the play-offs - once we're in the play-off we can then look at results to stay-in the play-offs. So a Burton win would be best for us, as York & Oxford are the 2 teams that we can catch quickly.

Daggers to beat Oxford and us to beat Torquay would leap us above Oxford on goal difference. I think Oxford are the team most likely to drop out of the play offs.

I still think we can catch and pass Oxford. York and Plymouth should end up below us. The others will probably be difficult to catch.

We have just won our first game in months. Let's see how tomorrow goes before we make wild predictions about where we will finish.

We have just won our first game in months. Let's see how tomorrow goes before we make wild predictions about where we will finish.
The highs and the lows are what supporting sufc is all about. We have had weeks of lows, lets enjoy ourselves and dream why we can

The only real teams results apart from ours they we now have to look for are Oxford, York and Plymouth. Key Fixtures below

Oxfords next 4 games are tough and interesting Fleetwood (H), Plymouth (A), York (H), Scunthorpe (A)
York have Burton (H), Rochdale (A), Oxford (A), Scunthorpe (A)
Plymouth have Burton (A), Oxford (H) but apart from that fairly easy run-in

Not a bad day for us then, up to 6th and a bit of a buffer between us and Plymouth now.

Paramount we beat Wimbledon and Accrington and get something against Cheltenham.

Paramount we beat Wimbledon and Accrington and get something against Cheltenham.

Definitely need to be looking to win our home games.

Accrington at home though, thats got disappointment written all over it :smile:

Very possible that Rochdale could have promotion sown up by the time they play us and we end up being their promotion party game so to speak, could make them vulnerable for that game and for the taking.

Daggers to beat Oxford and us to beat Torquay would leap us above Oxford on goal difference. I think Oxford are the team most likely to drop out of the play offs.

As I said before, I still think Oxford will blow up. I also believe that we'll pick up at least a draw at Rochdale and will edge it 1-0 at Cheltenham. Game on.

Back