• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's the point though....shouldn't it be upto the respective goverment's to decide this?
Is it certain subject matters they abstain on voting? If so then they will rightly be judged on that. If they abstain on all European Parliament voting and abstain from drawing a salary from the European Parliament then that would fit their agenda and I would respect that. They don't do that though.

But if we have no immigrants who will wash my car?

I make a point of chatting to the car wash guys every time; rarely are they from an EU country. Often from a "Stan" such as Kasakstan etc or a Moldova, Belorrussia type place.
However I am sure they would produce a new EU passport dorm the likes of Romania or Bulgaria if required.

Is controlling immigration racist? Just pondering out loud on this one.

If I owned a bar and there were too many people inside to get served in a reasonable and fair time, I'd close the doors and let them move on to another bar.

If I was employing people, and had enough staff, I'd close the doors and not interview any more staff. Unless I had jobs available. Then I'd interview those with the right skills.

So how is using a points system racist? (Unless of course we say ok to yellow doctors but not brown - but frankly that's ridiculous and not what UKIP are proposing).

Controlling immigration is not inherently racist but the language used by many of those that want to control immigration is racist and anyone who is just looking at it in practical terms is generally going to be drowned out but the racists as they don't seem to be able to contain themselves.

UKIP burning our flag. Stay classy

ukip-posters_2888240b.jpg

No, it's not at all classy, more blunt and to the point. I find it quite refreshing.
Be more refreshing if they weren't so eager to distort the facts. Their ads should go:

John 26 million people want your job
Juan 26 million people want your job
Dimitris 26 million people want your job
Hans 26 million people want your job
etc, etc

Last edited:
So you think burning a flag is acceptable? Personally I find it really disrespectful and I'm probably the most un-nationalistic person here.
Not a UKIP fan but struggling to see what's bad about it, the burning Union Jack is being used to symbolise the EU destroying national identity.

Not a UKIP fan but struggling to see what's bad about it, the burning Union Jack is being used to symbolise the EU destroying national identity.

I get the symbolism, but still think it is in very poor taste. It simply isn't acceptable to burn a Union Jack/Flag. They should find another way to express their concerns.

So you think burning a flag is acceptable? Personally I find it really disrespectful and I'm probably the most un-nationalistic person here.

No, I do not think burning the Union Flag or any other flag [except the one I tourched at Aldershot many years ago :smile:] acceptable. It is simply a statement pointing out that the EU has too much power over this and every other country in Europe. And as you very well know, it is a computer generated image, there was never any flag burning going on in the first place.

Breaking news that a UKIP candidate has been suspended for racist remarks on twitter. Now there's the difference between Farage and the rest of them. He takes action straight away and puts his hands up when he or UKIP are in the wrong while the others bury their heads in the sand and hope it all goes away.

No, I do not think burning the Union Flag or any other flag [except the one I tourched at Aldershot many years ago :smile:] acceptable. It is simply a statement pointing out that the EU has too much power over this and every other country in Europe. And as you very well know, it is a computer generated image, there was never any flag burning going on in the first place.

Breaking news that a UKIP candidate has been suspended for racist remarks on twitter. Now there's the difference between Farage and the rest of them. He takes action straight away and puts his hands up when he or UKIP are in the wrong while the others bury their heads in the sand and hope it all goes away.
I suspect that he would not have many party members left if he kicked out all of the racists.
The suspended member is an election candidate and as the candidate list has been submitted it means he may still be standing for the party...

Back