• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Had a dream we won 3-1, Jack Payne came on and scored the third!

What does 'better footballer' actually result in though ?

Corr has more assists and goals, wins more balls and leads the line better. Barnard's movement is better but as Loza has been pretty much mediorcre the past two games Im not sure that he is profiting from that.

Barnard has actually played fairly well recently but agree with MrsBlue, Corr is the better option.

If Corr had not got more goals and assists with more than three times the opportunities than Barnard has had then something would be very wrong. People say the last game was crying out for Corr and he scored. But the game had crosses and it was supposedly crying out for his head and he scored a goal on the deck that Barnard or Eastwood could conceivably have got too.

I know Corr is a favourite to many on here but not to me and a lot of others. You mentioned Barnards movement and movement is what opens up defences. It might not open for Barnard or for Loza but then it will give space to one of our forward running mids.

You question what Loza has done the last couple of games. He has brought mobility, movement and pace and lo and behold we have found where the net is again.

The debate for who should play upfront will continue but for me it is not cut and dried and I for one do not believe that Corr should just walk into the team.

If Corr had not got more goals and assists with more than three times the opportunities than Barnard has had then something would be very wrong[/B]. People say the last game was crying out for Corr and he scored. But the game had crosses and it was supposedly crying out for his head and he scored a goal on the deck that Barnard or Eastwood could conceivably have got too.

I know Corr is a favourite to many on here but not to me and a lot of others. You mentioned Barnards movement and movement is what opens up defences. It might not open for Barnard or for Loza but then it will give space to one of our forward running mids.

You question what Loza has done the last couple of games. He has brought mobility, movement and pace and lo and behold we have found where the net is again.

The debate for who should play upfront will continue but for me it is not cut and dried and I for one do not believe that Corr should just walk into the team.

Indeed, and Corrs ratio is very low, mainly due to being played up front on his own.

Barnard hasnt actually scored one yet though and yes he could have scored that one Corr did, but he has had a fair amount of pitch time and hasnt scored any.

As for Loza, he was superb against Oxford and brought everything you say to that game, he has been mediocre since and getting marks of 5 out of 10. He also has played no part in any goal since Oxford so lets not get carried away about his contribution. I do however think he is an asset and really hope we saw more of him than we have in the last two games as he showed against Oxford what he can do. If nothing else his part in the performance helped get the team in winning ways so certainly gets credit for that, but not a lot for the two subsequent wins. If he hadnt put in the Oxford performance and just the other 2 and a bit we would have brand new Woodrow type threads on here.

Corr I think will bring the best out of Loza, hopefully we will see that today.

Indeed, and Corrs ratio is very low, mainly due to being played up front on his own.

Barnard hasnt actually scored one yet though and yes he could have scored that one Corr did, but he has had a fair amount of pitch time and hasnt scored any.

As for Loza, he was superb against Oxford and brought everything you say to that game, he has been mediocre since and getting marks of 5 out of 10. He also has played no part in any goal since Oxford so lets not get carried away about his contribution. I do however think he is an asset and really hope we saw more of him than we have in the last two games as he showed against Oxford what he can do. If nothing else his part in the performance helped get the team in winning ways so certainly gets credit for that, but not a lot for the two subsequent wins. If he hadnt put in the Oxford performance and just the other 2 and a bit we would have brand new Woodrow type threads on here.

Isn't that difficult to judge? Certainly no goals and I don't think any assists but what about his movement off the ball and the players he occupies in marking his threat?

Apart from that penalty that he scored against Oxford! :dim:

Edit: Never mind, seen one of your more recent posts and I think I know what you meant now...

Isn't that difficult to judge? Certainly no goals and I don't think any assists but what about his movement off the ball and the players he occupies in marking his threat?

Movement off the ball played no part in the Torquay goal nor the long throw for Corrs goal. You could say that he may have had an effect on where players stood when Hurst broke through, but come on is that enough to say that goal was therefore as a result of Loza ? Not to do with Leonards pass or the run and finish of Hurst?

Its funny how people ignore all of the contributions Corr made when playing up front, winning and holding the ball up and laying it off, and criticising him for not scoring, yet Loza just being on the pitch not even touching the ball in the build up of the goals and he is still the reason we are scoring apparently.

He is a very exciting prospect and I hope he has a big impact over the next half a dozen games, but lets give credit where its due and not giving credit where its not. Having Loza in the team with his pace and running is obviously a huge benefit and I hope he plays every game, but he isnt the reason we have won 3 in a row, thats taking credit away from the rest of the team.

Apart from that penalty that he scored against Oxford! :dim:

Edit: Never mind, seen one of your more recent posts and I think I know what you meant now...

Yep, but pens are pens, talking about open play. Then again 6 inches to the right at Torquay and he scores the winner and its a different discussion.

Dont get me wrong I think Barnard has played well with Loza and Id like to see him scoring with an eye of him being here next season, but for me Corr will give Loza more opportunities to actually play a part in more goals as he did against Oxford so we can say he actually is the reason we are winning games ! (Although today Ill accept 3 own goals!)

Back