• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Awful game, neither team really did enough, each keeper had one save to make. Coker had his worst game all season, and how important he is to us really shined through; without him there was no width at all. Thought Hurst played OK first half but faded, why oh why have we gone back to long balls just because Loza is quick...
Bentley 7, made one decent save otherwise nothing to do, distribution could be better
Coker 5, despite being my fave player was not good today
Egan 7, great partnership with Sokolik - will have to wait to see the pen
Sokolik 7, very solid
White 5, ok defensively but gave nothing going forward
Lennie 7 MOM grew as ever as game went on and looked most likely to affect the game
Timlin 6 poor first touch
Atkinson 5 very little influence
Hurst 6 good first half, faded though
Barnard 4 poor
Loza 4 equally poor

we'll prob win at Spotland now...

Frankly Barnard is slowly changing from someone I'd give a chance to - to someone I'd let go.

Terrible performances since he came back.

Lack of quality service to our front men has been a problem all season
Also our front men don't seem to play/ gel together due to position/game plan.Why was Loza playing out wide,his first game was more central and he seemed to play well with Barney.

I'm struggling here Hawkwell. How are we meant to be feeling after that? Brown had the foresight to say autos were still possible then we're subjected to what we saw today. Don't defend the defenceless

I agree but him being positive was ahead of today, hence my comment about hindsight.

Barnard is not the player he was and he should not have started in front of Corr. Good quality crosses in the first half right up Corr's street. The game goes on around Barnard it;s like playing with 10 men !

Infuriating afternoon. Huffed and puffed but the service to the front guys never really worked.

Bentley 7..Made a big block in the first 10 mins, and nearly saved the pen. Commanding in his area.
White 6.5...Did ok. Got forward
Coker 6...Not his best game. One drag back too many at the end, that nearly cost us

Egan 7...(6 for distribution, 8 for tackling). Battled hard. Had one rasping shot
Sokolik 7.5...Distribution wasn't great but tackled for his life
Lennie 7...Typical Lenny game. Drove us forward
Timlin 7.5 MOTM. Massive effort. Covered a huge amount of ground.
Atkinson 6.5...Didn't quite happen for him today. Is he supposed to be Left mid, cos no-one was there ?
Hurst 6...Seems to have lost pace. Doesn't seem to be hurting teams at the moment
Barnard 6...Huffed and puffed.
Loza 6.5...Tried hard, but the service just didn't suit him
Subs : Murphy 6...too many tricks. Just get it in the box with 5 mins to go.
BBBC 7...Gave us a different dimension. I'd start him at Rochdale
Freddy 6.5..Didn't get much service, but looks sharp

Bentley 7..Made a big block in the first 10 mins, and nearly saved the pen. Commanding in his area.
Interesting re Bentley...agree handling was good and first half block was really impressive, however had the goal not been a penalty surely he'd have been slaughtered for not keeping it out? Thoughts?

I can't remember much about it, to be fair. Just thought, Egan is gonna clear the....yikes...oh my god, he's just kicked the guy !!

Collectively poor win,lose,draw as a team its not a witch hunt smith + straker hav had the flack no end now its this chaps turn.

Interesting re Bentley...agree handling was good and first half block was really impressive, however had the goal not been a penalty surely he'd have been slaughtered for not keeping it out? Thoughts?
He should of saved it. Ye ur not expected to as a keeper but if that attempt was not a peno he would be hammered for it

debate and give match ratings all you like my fellow shrimpers - we're not good enough:thumbdown: - league 2 next season - end of :nope:

This is the place for opinions. Do you think that Barnard's return has been successful ?

Personally I feel he has not achieved the expectations of the fans , even today when Corr came on we seemed more attacking and creative. Barnard runs around a bit but contributes little.

That is my opinion --- please let us have yours.

barnard is extremely lucky to be starting. Done nothing in three months. Charlie big potatoes

Barnard has had 13 appearances and still not scored from open play!,This is after all professional football .

I pay my money and I demand something for my hard earned ,I don't want to see any player who looks as though they cannot be arsed,Bloody hell I play poor standard but I give it my best shot every game.

As you say, you pay your money and that entitles you to your opinion - I also pay my money and that does not mean I have to agree with you.

If you think Barney did not put a shift in today then sorry, I disagree - things just did not fall for him and others - your BBC included.
That I'm afraid is League 2 football - if you want excellence week in week out for your hard earned, then perhaps you should watch a higher level of matches?

I have also played and yes I knew I was never going to be good enough for the top level but I always tried and that is the way of 99% of professional players who play - there are very few who never give it 100%, unfortunately, they like me and possibly yourself sometimes just do not have the ability that both they or we would like?

As you say, you pay your money and that entitles you to your opinion - I also pay my money and that does not mean I have to agree with you.

If you think Barney did not put a shift in today then sorry, I disagree - things just did not fall for him and others - your BBC included.
That I'm afraid is League 2 football - if you want excellence week in week out for your hard earned, then perhaps you should watch a higher level of matches?

I have also played and yes I knew I was never going to be good enough for the top level but I always tried and that is the way of 99% of professional players who play - there are very few who never give it 100%, unfortunately, they like me and possibly yourself sometimes just do not have the ability that both they or we would like?

My BBC?,Sorry I have never rated him !

How many more chances should Lee have?..He is either average or poor and he don't score,What is his actual role in the team?

His record over the last 2 years has been at best average and you just knew he would not perform here,The sad thing is the youngsters see the seniors fail and fail again yet they are nowhere near even making the bench..Very annoying.

well the youngsters need to show on the training pitch that they are better than the seniors then, dont they.

people dont pick weak teams just for fun, and if any of the youngsters were looking good enough in training they would have surely have got a chance by now dont you think?

well the youngsters need to show on the training pitch that they are better than the seniors then, dont they.

people dont pick weak teams just for fun, and if any of the youngsters were looking good enough in training they would have surely have got a chance by now dont you think?

Agreed, but BBBC seems much more of a threat the way we play so why not start with him and if he tires bring Barney on to finish the opposition off after Barry has battered them into submission ?

Agreed, but BBBC seems much more of a threat the way we play so why not start with him and if he tires bring Barney on to finish the opposition off after Barry has battered them into submission ?

Good point, and same applies to our central defenders. Wombles' forwards could have done with a few digs from a more experienced central defender to teach them that if they were going to keep "falling over", they better have a reason for doing so!

I think we'll see a change next match, back to the 4-5-1 line up, but if so, Straker needs to come back in as we're not getting enough crosses in.

Back