• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
All reports,ratings and discussions here please.

After all the boasting this week by PB and the rest that "We had turned the corner" this is a terrible result IMO.

Dangerous free-kick for us...............last chance to salvage something........into the wall........corner........
all over. Oh dear! we really don't like doing things the easy way...........play-off places wide open again at least York drop two points late on. Just had a funny feeling very early on about this game, we really didn't sound at our best.

I fear for us in playoffs if we play like this. The midfield is dire and the forwards have no idea of where the goal net is. Hurst has been awful for weeks despite his goal last week.
Need a shake up for the last 4. We have lost at home to a mediocre side today, would not be so bad if we had played well, what a season this has been. Not convinced with the Brown hype either.

This group of players should not be struggling to stay in the playoffs. I think it could be a positive thing that we have 3 of the top 5 left to play as we do better against the top sides. If we do well against these then it gives us good practise for the playoffs!

19 shots but only 6 on target, awful stats! Glad I didn't go today.

Automatics still possible Phil? :dim:

I did post this yesterday. :'(
It's understandable that PB will not give up on them until it's mathematically impossible. As the goal difference is probably too large to bridge , we have to rely on two very unlikey scenarios; 1) Chesterfield only win one and draw two of their remaining fixtures (or draw five and lose one) whilst, at the same time, 2) we win all our games......................which sounds the more unlikely???? Anyway, it only takes us (shock, horror) to lose tomorrow, whilst they win............and the idea is dead in the water. Why am I wasting my time on such ridiculous calculations, when I should be downstairs mowing the lawn?

I fear for us in playoffs if we play like this. The midfield is dire and the forwards have no idea of where the goal net is. Hurst has been awful for weeks despite his goal last week.
Need a shake up for the last 4. We have lost at home to a mediocre side today, would not be so bad if we had played well, what a season this has been. Not convinced with the Brown hype either.

If we even make them. Hanging on by the skin of our teeth.

I fear we won't even make the play offs.

Is this going to continue like our non-winning run? We get two points from the remaining four games and we stay in a play-off place because the sides below us don't do any better? :stunned:

Going to Rochdale on Friday and praying for a win but think Hogan will have too much for us.
Straker in his early season form would help and playing it on the ground rather than the lump and hope game that we played today. We should attack from the start of games . Brown only attacks with 3 when we are a goal down, surely it would be easier from all square. We give too much respect to teams, particularly at home.
The last 4 games of Rochdale, Accrington, Fleetwood and Burton looks a huge task after todays inept showing.

Poor game , poor performance and I think Wimbledon 'just' about did enough to win.
Thought we were ok in the first half , but really lacking in ideas in the second.
Positives ?
i thought at least Brown made the attacking changes early , even if we were very imbalanced.
I also thought Hurst was better than of late.
Sokolik was superb IMO , but not convinced about Murphy.
Let's move on.

Ref had a bit of a mare. Frampton kicked Barnard in retaliation in front of the ref. God knows what Appiah was doing to Timlin after the penalty and Appiah threw himself to the ground at every opportunity. In Brown's post match interview, he thinks Egan got the ball before man. I'll wait to see the highlights.

Timlin MOM for me today, was everywhere, harassing, chasing and closing down.

I wish we had strikers that were consistent finishers.

Appiah should have been off for numerous dives though. Not forgetting the one that kicked Barnard.

Sokolik is top class, would love to hang on to him next season. Murphy's showboating and poor decision making was really winding me up. You don't try your fancy flicks and turns when you're 1-0 down, nor do you go for the spectacular 25 yard strike when you've got a whole host of players in the box waiting for a dinked cross. Clifford would have been a better option; he's a ferocious ******* and we desperately needed some real steel in the midfield.

We were absolutely pounding on the door in the first half and it would've been a different story if we got a goal before half time. Sokolik, Egan, Lenny and Timlin were great, but Coker had a mare and Barnard was non existent. Loza and Corr from the start next game.

AFC Wimbledon were the biggest bunch of cheats we've had here all season and the officials bought it every time. Shocking.

I wish we had strikers that were consistent finishers.

Appiah should have been off for numerous dives though. Not forgetting the one that kicked Barnard.

Thought it was Frampton (5) that kicked Barnard? It was the other end of the pitch so not sure

Back