• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame on the players

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Except Bentley the players ****ed off down the tunnel after the final whistle - total lack of respect there for the fans

Some will agree and some won't care but I feel it was out of line

Bentley was the last one. Timlin and White had already gone round the ground.

Except Bentley the players ****ed off down the tunnel after the final whistle - total lack of respect there for the fans

Some will agree and some won't care but I feel it was out of line

I agree with you.
It doesn't take much effort , but it means a lot.

As George Best said, 'I remember a time when the crowd used to applaud the players at the end of a game'. Not an issue with me, I'd rather a genuine response rather than some orchestrated platitude. The Hall is not a place of passion, were too reserved and conservative for that and I mean that in general terms not individuals or sections so why should the players fall over themselves to applaud the fans in a mock show of gratitude when the crowd did nothing to inspire them in a defeat that I'm sure they all hated.

As George Best said, 'I remember a time when the crowd used to applaud the players at the end of a game'. Not an issue with me, I'd rather a genuine response rather than some orchestrated platitude. The Hall is not a place of passion, were too reserved and conservative for that and I mean that in general terms not individuals or sections so why should the players fall over themselves to applaud the fans in a mock show of gratitude when the crowd did nothing to inspire them in a defeat that I'm sure they all hated.

Er because we all spend a lot of money and time to turn up week in week out ?

i always find it amusing when people get so enraged about this sort of thing.

Me too. I'd rather they did run off down the tunnel. They should be embarrassed after that performance.

I certainly didn't hang around to clap them off.

ER because we all spend a lot of money and time to turn up week in week out ?

If it bothers you or anyone else then write to the club and ensure the players know all about the ill feeling created by their ignorance. I shall head off to see Sampdoria and Genoa where there is real passion and a real connection between fans and players and like all Italian clubs, that I know of, the fans would be off to the training ground or sending a delegation off to the chairman if they felt slighted in any way and usually in a poor defeat the fans have simpatico with the players and allow them to slip away quietly. Perhaps we should do the same.

Doesn't really bother me as I wouldn't have applauded them for that shower anyway.

Well we sing all game, we give 100% effort and passion, just shame players don't do same in return.

Well we sing all game, we give 100% effort and passion, just shame players don't do same in return.

there are plenty of times when the atmosphere goes a bit flat, and whole games where its not great at all, yet you say that you always give 100%

Southend dont always win, and dont always play well, yet you say as a certainty that the players arent giving 100%?

that, sir, is having your cake and eating it.

Err....no, you don't, and there certainly wasn't singing all game yesterday. It works both ways, if they players aren't playing great, then people aren't inclined to sing. If the supporters aren't singing, then are the players inclined to give 100%? Vicious circle.

Sorry mate, but that's embarrassing. Roots Hall has become renowned for its negativity in recent years. It's a big reason why I don't bother any more. Maybe the players should send you a nice thank you card after each game.
Jeez.

Sorry to say a great exciting atmosphere at Roots Hall is the exception rather than the rule. Yesterday was a good example of lack of passion from the crowd.

As has been mentioned in an earlier post it is a vicious circle, but for me if the players or the tactics don't prove to create excitement then a dull crowd will result. Yesterdays performance did not incite passion imo.

Back