• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame on the players

Can i just say, why is it down to the Blue Voice to sing? Your at a football game, be a fan and get behind your team by singing not being quiet, if you want to be silent go up the A12 to Colchester.:thumbsup:

Sorry mate, but that's embarrassing. Roots Hall has become renowned for its negativity in recent years. It's a big reason why I don't bother any more. Maybe the players should send you a nice thank you card after each game.
Jeez.

To be honest, if you don't go to any of our games then why have you got a comment about the game mate?

Can i just say, why is it down to the Blue Voice to sing? Your at a football game, be a fan and get behind your team by singing not being quiet, if you want to be silent go up the A12 to Colchester.:thumbsup:

Because thats what it was formed for, to generate a positive atmosphere.

That said, other people outside of TBV dont have much to complain about if they dont make the effort.

The Blue Voice works slightly, at times the West got involved. But they got ripped apart by Wimbledon fans yesterday. It's especially sad to see some of the songs contradict themselves too. However, when the front 5/7 rows are filled with an average age of 12, what can you expect?

The drum is also pointless when the voices are loud enough to beat the drums volume...

Sorry to say a great exciting atmosphere at Roots Hall is the exception rather than the rule. Yesterday was a good example of lack of passion from the crowd.

As has been mentioned in an earlier post it is a vicious circle, but for me if the players or the tactics don't prove to create excitement then a dull crowd will result. Yesterdays performance did not incite passion imo.
this is a good point....give me something to get excited about....and the crowd will respond

This is all deja vu.......my youthful supporting of our great team throughout the land was accompanied by exactly the same comments and feelings. Keep the faith as ONE day we WILL be promoted out of this god awful division, trust me. In the meantime just accept the many ups and downs of supporting our team. COYBB.

Who gives a flying ****, maybe on a wet Tuesday night away at Carlisle or Hartlepool but a home game, come on who cares, and does it matter one iota.

Harder when there is a big crowd to get a decent atmosphere. Add to this the performance gave your average man very little to get excited about and it's no wonder.

Bad day at the office in general, TBV was not on it's game Saturday FACT.

Over the years I have learnt that there is only so much you can drive an atmosphere sometimes it has to be driven from the football we play and as Kay has said who I totally agree with this it's a two way street

TBV has got much better in terms of positive chants also I think we are one of the best fans at home in the league

However improvements can always be made but when it comes down to it the majority of the players showed a lack of respect in my opinion.

This is all deja vu.......my youthful supporting of our great team throughout the land was accompanied by exactly the same comments and feelings. Keep the faith as ONE day we WILL be promoted out of this god awful division, trust me. In the meantime just accept the many ups and downs of supporting our team. COYBB.

Well said, there is no god given right we have to get promoted all we can do is do our bit and leave the rest to the management and the players

Bad day at the office in general, TBV was not on it's game Saturday FACT.

Over the years I have learnt that there is only so much you can drive an atmosphere sometimes it has to be driven from the football we play and as Kay has said who I totally agree with this it's a two way street

TBV has got much better in terms of positive chants also I think we are one of the best fans at home in the league

However improvements can always be made but when it comes down to it the majority of the players showed a lack of respect in my opinion.

Agreed, Scott, it wasn't a good day all round.

The atmosphere was flat form the beginning, I felt that the one minute silence at the start of the match subdued the atmosphere as people, quite rightly, reflected on what it was for and how it could have been some of us; after that it was quiet and it never really picked up.
I've noticed this before that on occasions when we've had a minute silence it seems to effect the atmosphere for quite a while and, on Saturday, there really wasn't a lot going on on the pitch to help pick it up.

On a normal day it's a lot easier to carry the chants as the players come out over into those first 5-10 minutes and help lift the players straight from the kick off.

How about playing The Great Escape as the players come out? We all know and go "SOUTH...END!"

Scott, perhaps if you use my suggestion from ages ago of getting the drum in position from about 2.30 and start getting the crowd going well before kick-off, it might raise the atmosphere prior to the match starting and carry it into the game.

I know this would mean you leave the pub early but I think it is needed.,

Scott, perhaps if you use my suggestion from ages ago of getting the drum in position from about 2.30 and start getting the crowd going well before kick-off, it might raise the atmosphere prior to the match starting and carry it into the game.

You can be so cruel at times.......................

It doesn't work, they music over the tannoy is just too loud. If you could get the club to turn it down a bit it might work, but at the moment it just drowns out any noise we make.

Back