• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shame on the players

It doesn't work, they music over the tannoy is just too loud. If you could get the club to turn it down a bit it might work, but at the moment it just drowns out any noise we make.

Exactly. The music also has no relevance to the chants of TBV. RobM's idea of the Great Escape is on the right lines. Could we also announce the player names much earlier, so that it doesn't override TBV's efforts of getting the atmosphere going.

Except Bentley the players ****ed off down the tunnel after the final whistle - total lack of respect there for the fans

Some will agree and some won't care but I feel it was out of line
Where was your respect for the players when you decided to abuse them or have you forgotten you did that ?

Where was your respect for the players when you decided to abuse them or have you forgotten you did that ?

I always find it quite disturbing when grown men abuse ANY player let alone Southend lads!
Some of the abuse is gruesome and IMO has no place in any football ground .

Well obviously you don't clap or cheer at games, so it'd be good practice clapping me.:Worthy:

Give it up, Jamie. To be fair, when I was younger it all felt much more important than it is. We just didn't have the internet to dig holes for ourselves. There has always been a bunch of lads enjoying singing together, but they (we) didn't need congratulating all the time. Each to their own. :loyalsupporter:

Give it up, Jamie. To be fair, when I was younger it all felt much more important than it is. We just didn't have the internet to dig holes for ourselves. There has always been a bunch of lads enjoying singing together, but they (we) didn't need congratulating all the time. Each to their own. :loyalsupporter:

For me 505 games later its still important to me then it ever has been. So I honestly don't get the random bashing my views get by people like you.

For me 505 games later its still important to me then it ever has been. So I honestly don't get the random bashing my views get by people like you.

I'm glad you still enjoy it, but I suspect that it will be slightly less important to you when you arrive at my vintage. There's nothing random about responding to a post on a public forum. Now, I really must do some work.

505 games equates to about 10 years if you go to all games home and away as well as cup matches yet you act about 7. Something doesn't add up.

505 games equates to about 10 years if you go to all games home and away as well as cup matches yet you act about 7. Something doesn't add up.

Supported southend about 15 years now. I've found what doesn't add up is you and 2/3 others expect me to say nothing back to you when you insult me as a person. The one behaving like a 7 year old is you i'm afraid.

I'm glad you still enjoy it, but I suspect that it will be slightly less important to you when you arrive at my vintage. There's nothing random about responding to a post on a public forum. Now, I really must do some work.

I don't mind a discussion about our views as southend fans, but there is no need to insult me as a person.

I don't mind a discussion about our views as southend fans, but there is no need to insult me as a person.

Can't disagree with that and I genuinely apologise if you've taken anything I said personally. You were always going to get a response from your original post, though. I am easily distracted (as you've seen) but I really do have work to do.

Act your age then. You are the one that said dingleydangley doesn't clap or cheer at games. Why wouldn't he? Do you think when we score he sits there on his hands. We all have our ways of getting behind the lads but I bet everyone gets excited when we score

Can't disagree with that and I genuinely apologise if you've taken anything I said personally. You were always going to get a response from your original post, though. I am easily distracted (as you've seen) but I really do have work to do.

Not just you who says stuff, just find it funny on here when people disagree with my view they decide to comment that because I'm 18 at university and I work on Radio, that apparently I have no idea about football, and take it way too far on some occasions, especially on twitter amount of abuse and threats I got about Sturrock was unbelievable.

Act your age then. You are the one that said dingleydangley doesn't clap or cheer at games. Why wouldn't he? Do you think when we score he sits there on his hands. We all have our ways of getting behind the lads but I bet everyone gets excited when we score

Bit hypocritical of you don't you think? There is banter which hasn't attacked his integrity or insulting him as a person, but then you directly insult me as a person by commenting on my age. Maybe you should act your age before insulting anyone else.

Criticizing Dingleydangley because he chooses to appreciate the team differently to you isn't an opinion. You need to learn what an opinion constitutes
My opinion of what an opinion might be, might be different from what your opinion of what an opinion possible consists of...........Kursall Flyers circa 1983.

Back