• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck in the future,

Ignore some on here because after every defeat or poor show they blame the opponent for cheating or the officials who are hopeless.

Embarrassing comments from some of our fans.

Thanks, your support was amongst the noisiest we've seen this season. I'd love to know what you guys REALLY think of Appiah's tactics?!!! Don't forget too that we had Midson on loan a while back and he did absolutely nothing for us, yet always seems to do well against us for you, so you had two forwards that were bound to get under our supporters' skins.

I didn't have issues with anyone else particularly, can't remember who your player was that had the run in with our Timlin, but Appiah wound me up something chronic.

You deserved to win the game and great support for your team throughout.
Bit of a cheap shot with the personal abuse of our young drummer who was doing his best to support his team , but guess all clubs have their idiots ( hope the majority were embarrassed )

Not sure Id say they deserved to win it. Pretty much smash and grab job, and fair play to them for it.

They defended well and grabbed the penalty, but we were on top most of the game and didnt deserve to lose it, then we didnt do enough to win it either.

Very good support though, definitely made a lot of noise.

Bit of a cheap shot with the personal abuse of our young drummer who was doing his best to support his team , but guess all clubs have their idiots ( hope the majority were embarrassed )

What was this about?

Yeah cheers, good luck actually playing in Wimbledon, and not sharing a ground with Kingstonian FC.

Indeed always makes me chuckle to see a "they are one of the worst teams I've seen etc kind of comment" - if they were that bad then why did they beat us?
Fair play to the Dons & their fab fans - they got in front & kept us out. On another day we may have got something but there you go.
As for Midson he's certainly no mug however he was generally awful for us but I seem to recall him playing really well in his final game at Chelts & scoring a couple -however I think it had been decided by then that a striker who only plays well in one game out of every four is no good to us....mmm something to think about there.

Not sure why everyone is raving about there fans. They brought an ok turn out (given I have never been to them and seen us take less than 900) and they made a average amount of noise. The pocket closest to the goal made a bit of noise but I didnt see the whole end making noise.

Nothing wrong with them but nothing to write home about in my book.

Good to hear from all you Shrimpers' fans and appreciate your thoughts.. Must say we could really do with those three points, but Southend have a bit to still look forward to over the coming weeks.. Best wishes for that.:thumbsup:

Not sure why everyone is raving about there fans. They brought an ok turn out (given I have never been to them and seen us take less than 900) and they made a average amount of noise. The pocket closest to the goal made a bit of noise but I didnt see the whole end making noise.

Nothing wrong with them but nothing to write home about in my book.

I dont remember more noise from many other away support this season.

Even my daughter said wow they are loud, and we sit in the South West corner.

I dont remember more noise from many other away support this season.

Even my daughter said wow they are loud, and we sit in the South West corner.

Plymouth and Northampton spring to mind.

Heard bit of them from the West but didn't think it was anything worth praising. Don't think 600 is that much for a game less than an hour from home again. Not knocking them but it didn't make me think wow.

Plymouth and Northampton spring to mind.

Heard bit of them from the West but didn't think it was anything worth praising. Don't think 600 is that much for a game less than an hour from home again. Not knocking them but it didn't make me think wow.

In fairness to them, we are talking about the fag-end of the season, where they had nothing to play for, apart from their honour............600 wasn't bad.

How many did we take to Wimbledon ?

I don't think we sold out our allocation, but it was about 750. I think AFC Wimbledon are currently on average taking more away fans to games than we are. considering their home average is lower than ours that is a good effort.

I don't think we sold out our allocation, but it was about 750. I think AFC Wimbledon are currently on average taking more away fans to games than we are. considering their home average is lower than ours that is a good effort.

Indeed, I was interested in knowing what sort of percentage they brought.

Its ok saying 600 isnt many, but they have smaller crowds than us and nothing to play for so seemed a fair amount to me.

I am sure they take more to every away game than our friends up the A12 -- who incidentally, at this moment, are a division higher.

Portsmouth and Northampton were both definitely louder, can't remember Plymouth. I thought it was a good effort.

Back