• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
Now I've got your attention, is there anyone out there that I can assist?

On Saturday I picked up a signed football for picking the goal of the month (easy choice) and then I won another signed football in the half time 50/50 raffle, so I've now got two balls.
I will keep one but am willing to give the other away to a deserving cause or fan.
Does anyone know anyone who wants a signed Southend United football for charity, raffle prize or simply a deserving fan? If so, please PM me.

That is a mighty fine post Wally!
How about the fan who (without comprehension of the event) made support noises on Saturday. He or She has been dealt a poor hand in life and an unsolicited prize might give a little happiness?

That is a mighty fine post Wally!
How about the fan who (without comprehension of the event) made support noises on Saturday. He or She has been dealt a poor hand in life and an unsolicited prize might give a little happiness?

I'm happy for that if anyone knows who it is.

The disabled guy to whom you refer is often at the back of V Block in the West. Perhaps someone could take the ball along and make the offer if he is there. Im sure, if nothing else, his carers would be appreciative of a gesture that shows an appreciation of the difficulties that they and their charge face and that we, as supporters care and understand.

The disabled guy to whom you refer is often at the back of V Block in the West. Perhaps someone could take the ball along and make the offer if he is there. Im sure, if nothing else, his carers would be appreciative of a gesture that shows an appreciation of the difficulties that they and their charge face and that we, as supporters care and understand.

Happy to do that if somebody wants me to

Spot on !!

Damn and blast! Have just had to purchase one for a friend of mine, for her benefit evening. She's currently undergoing treatment for very aggressive lung cancer aged only 30, having already fought off two earlier bouts of cancer during her lifetime, and having had to have a finger amputated as a result. She's a special needs teacher and has run out of being salaried and has a benefits evening on 2nd May. I did manage to get it sponsored by a local Lions Club though so not actually out of pocket as such.

Very decent gesture Wally :clap:

That is a mighty fine post Wally!How about the fan who (without comprehension of the event) made support noises on Saturday. He or She has been dealt a poor hand in life and an unsolicited prize might give a little happiness?
What an excellent idea MG. I tried to give you green but it won't let me :-(

Happy to do that if somebody wants me to

TrueBlue, I'll contact you later in the week when I get home as I 'm away at the moment. Will arrange to meet you at Accrington game to give you the said ball. Thanks for your help.

Damn and blast! Have just had to purchase one for a friend of mine, for her benefit evening. She's currently undergoing treatment for very aggressive lung cancer aged only 30, having already fought off two earlier bouts of cancer during her lifetime, and having had to have a finger amputated as a result. She's a special needs teacher and has run out of being salaried and has a benefits evening on 2nd May. I did manage to get it sponsored by a local Lions Club though so not actually out of pocket as such.

Very decent gesture Wally :clap:

I saw you in the reception before the game when I picked up my first ball. The second one I picked up after the game. Had I known your friends plight I would have gladly donated one. I wish her all the best in her fight to beat cancer.

I saw you in the reception before the game when I picked up my first ball. The second one I picked up after the game. Had I known your friends plight I would have gladly donated one. I wish her all the best in her fight to beat cancer.

Thank you, that's kind of you. You should have said hello, so many more people seem to know me than I know them!

Back