• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silencer

Director
Apologies if this has already been mentioned but is the poll on the official site what they will be using for the official player of the year awards?

If so then I think someone needs to be tapping up the club as this seems easy to manipulate - I have personally checked and was disspointed that I could vote more than once!!!!

For me the POTY awards are important and part of the clubs history, however this years voting can easily be swayed by serial voters for a certain player!!!! Pretty sure I read a story years ago where fans from a rivals club voted en mass to sabotage the winners of the awards.

How do others feel?

If you can vote more than once, it's a nonsense. Reminiscent of the Dunny-on-the-Wold by election.

Message on the voting page...

Player of the Season Vote: Please note, only your first vote is taken. Although it comes up again, it does not register anything other than your first vote.

For me the POTY awards are important and part of the clubs history, however this years voting can easily be swayed by serial voters for a certain player!!!! Pretty sure I read a story years ago where fans from a rivals club voted en mass to sabotage the winners of the awards.

Was this the year Keith Dublin, Julian Hails or Mark Bead won?

I know what you mean, it doesn't feel very 'official'. It's better than paying £1.50 for a text but I think there could be a more official way to do it like emailing the club or having the poll on the homepage. Some older fans might not know what the 'wall' is. I also don't think it's right that you can see the results, it's meant to be a revelation at the end of the season. I won't be voting yet anyway, still 4 games to go.

I know what you mean, it doesn't feel very 'official'. It's better than paying £1.50 for a text but I think there could be a more official way to do it like emailing the club or having the poll on the homepage. Some older fans might not know what the 'wall' is. I also don't think it's right that you can see the results, it's meant to be a revelation at the end of the season. I won't be voting yet anyway, still 4 games to go.

Thank you from an 'older fan'. I've been prat-arsing about on the official site for ages trying to find this, I know where it is now!!

Thank you from an 'older fan'. I've been prat-arsing about on the official site for ages trying to find this, I know where it is now!!

Don't worry I'm 18, and I hadn't a clue what this 'Wall' was, or that it even existed, I looked on our website for about 20 minutes before looking at the top of the page ha ha.

Do we know if this is actually the official poll? There's nothing that mentions it on the wall.

Back