• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend United open contract talks with Ben Coker

'Later on this month we have two games coming up which I would describe as ‘exit and entrance matches’, as those who will be leaving the club and those who we could look to bring in will be playing in them'.

Interesting
:unsure:

And I'm guessing Mr Laird is on his way out of the door.......shame if true, I've always rated him...but doesn't appear to be on PB's Christmas card list..........

'Later on this month we have two games coming up which I would describe as ‘exit and entrance matches’, as those who will be leaving the club and those who we could look to bring in will be playing in them'.

Interesting
:unsure:

Not sure how that works.

I assume he means friendly-type matches --- will be behind closed doors so we don't get a chance to see who he means.

Indeed, not sure we would be bothering to play players who are leaving in real matches, and the Football League would get a bit peeved if we played ringers.

Thought we would struggle to find someone as good as Clohessy when we left and Ben Coker has been an excellent replacement and done a sterling job. Sign him up on a long term deal.

Thought we would struggle to find someone as good as Clohessy when we left and Ben Coker has been an excellent replacement and done a sterling job. Sign him up on a long term deal.

Except he plays at LB and Clohessy played at RB so not really a replacement :winking:

Except he plays at LB and Clohessy played at RB so not really a replacement :winking:

**** sake, I keep getting confused with my left and right. I'm sleep deprived at the moment give me a break. :winking:

I think he's a decent player but I'd worry about his defensive abilities if we were to get promoted. I guess we deal with that if we do go up.

Back