• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Lomas

Manager
***I am posting this now as I have a busy weekend and will hopefully have time to update it before Monday***

21/04/2014 - Blues v Accrington Stanley

Who Are They?

Accrington visit Roots Hall on monday, in what is Blues' penuiltimate home game of the regular season. Stanley sit 17th in League 2 on 50 points, 4 points above the relegation zone and 12 points behind Blues. This will be only the 12th meeting between the sides. Blues have won 4 of the past 11 meetings, including a 6-1 victory in 1959. There have been 3 draws and 3 wins for Accrington. The first time we played Accrington, the game ended in a 3-0 defeat for Blues in 1958.

We last played Accrington at The Crown Ground just after christmas last year, (our last game of 2013) in what was a 1-1 draw. Mark Phillips opened the scoring for Accrington with an own goal in the 63rd minute, before Luke Prosser popped up at the other end to equalise and save Phillips' blushes.

Last season, we played Accrington on the first day of the regular league season, after losing 4-0 to Peterborough in the first round of the Capital One Cup. Sadly, Blues fell to a 1-0 defeat, Karl Sheppard scoring the only goal of the game in the 61st minute. Blues did have a goal ruled out, as Luke Prosser clearly pushed the ball into the back of the net with his hand. In the reverse fixture, just like this season, the game up at the Crown Ground ended in a 1-1 draw, with Kevan Hurst cancelling out James Gray's first half opener with a long range strike. Ryan Cresswell was sent off for Blues after an off-the-ball incident involving Stanley's goalscorer, Gray.

Accrington - Last 6 Matches

Mansfield (H) – D 1-1 - Naismith
York City (A) - D 1-1 -McCartan
Northampton (H) - L 0-1
Exeter City (A) - W 1-0 - Odejayi
Dagenham & Redbridge (A) - D 0-0
Plymouth Argyle (H) - D 1-1 - Aldred

Out of 21 away games (League Only) so far this season, Accrington have:

Won: 7
Drawn: 5
Lost: 9

Fact

Accrington have only done the double over 2 teams this season. Torquay & Morecambe.

Last time we played Accrington:

Blues: Bentley, White, Phillips, Prosser, Coker, Hurst, Timlin (Payne 72), Atkinson, Leonard, Straker (Eastwood 57), Woodrow (Corr 66)

Accrington: Dawber, Hunt, Aldred, Winnard, Naylor, Mingoia, Joyce, Murphy, Richardson, Naismith, Bowerman (Gray 77)

Most Recent Line Ups - *Will be updated before Monday*:

Blues: Bentley, White, Sokolik, Egan, Coker, Leonard, Hurst (Prosser 84), Atkinson, Timlin, Murphy (Straker 67), Corr (Loza 73)

Accrington: 26 Bettinelli, 16 Hunt, 03 Liddle, 02 Murphy, 06 Winnard, 05 Aldred, 10 Hatfield (Naismith - 78'), 04 Joyce, 07 McCartan (Gray - 65'), Odejayi, Molyneux (Mingoia - 79')

Stanley's Possible Line-Up:

Marcus Bettinelli - On Loan from Fulham

Former Clubs: Fulham, Dartford

CAREER GOALS: 0

Nicky Hunt

Former Clubs: Bolton, Birmingham, Derby, Bristol City, Preston, Rotherham

CAREER GOALS: 1

Dean Winnard

Former Clubs: Blackburn

CAREER GOALS: 4

Tom Aldred

Former Clubs: Carlisle, Workington, Watford, Stockport, Inverness, Colchester, Torquay, Barrow

Michael Liddle

Former Clubs: Sunderland, Carlisle, Leyton Orient, Gateshead

Will Hatfield

Former Clubs: Leeds, York, Accrington (Loan), FC Halifax Town

CAREER GOALS: 5

Luke Joyce

Former Clubs: Wigan, Carlisle, Barrow, Northwich Victoria

CAREER GOALS: 9

Piero Mingoia

Former Clubs: Watford, Brentford, Hayes & Yeading, Accrington (Loan), Boreham Wood

CAREER GOALS: 27

Josh Windass

Former Clubs: Harrogate Railway Athletic

CAREER GOALS: 11

Kayode Odejayi

Former Clubs: Bristol City, Forest Green Rovers, Cheltenham, Barnsley, Scunthorpe, Colchester, Rotherham

CAREER GOALS: 76

Shay McCartan

Former Clubs: Burnley, Hyde

CAREER GOALS: 2

Accrington's Players to Watch:

Dean Winnard
Piero Mingoia
Kayode Odejayi

Ex- Shrimpers now at Accrington:

None

UTB!!!

Last edited:
Writing that sort of remark in the title is only going to encourage 'moans' or 'negative' comments. I'm starting to think you actually like them!

Anyway, it is way too early for this. Could you not have just typed this up on a Word document and copy and pasted it on Saturday morning?

Writing that sort of remark in the title is only going to encourage 'moans' or 'negative' comments. I'm starting to think you actually like them!

Anyway, it is way too early for this. Could you not have just typed this up on a Word document and copy and pasted it on Saturday morning?

Great idea and one AL will take on board going forward I imagine

I think it's about the right time actually, but I'm not attention seeking..................

Great idea and one AL will take on board going forward I imagine

I've already suggested that in a previous early "before we've played the next match" type thread!

Bloomin' Odejayi, ex Scum....someone better get an elbow in early and let him know the score :angry: I assume the Windass is related to Dean?

facepalming.gif

Who cares if it's early, will the facts change?

Good on Agent Lomas for doing this I say.

Jeez what a lot of moaners some people are on here, should be thankful that people like Lomas take the trouble.

Team News:

Bentley

White
Sokolik
Egan
Coker

Timlin
Leonard
Atkinson

Hurst
Corr
Murphy

Subs: Chambers, Laird, Prosser, Eastwood, Loza, Straker, Barnard

Easy post, just cut and paste from Rochdale team sheet, job done ......and another 3 nil please.

Who cares if it's early, will the facts change?

Good on Agent Lomas for doing this I say.

Jeez what a lot of moaners some people are on here, should be thankful that people like Lomas take the trouble.

I'm certain we were all being sarcastic.

on topic. Can't clinch a play-off spot with a win and other results going our way but would be on the verge.

If we get a decent win and Oxford get well beat then we are there . I fancy us in the play offs.

A win on monday would pretty much see us over the line IMO, oxford will not rally enough to threaten. I really think the play offs hold no fears for us look at our results agianst the top 3/4 in the division.....hang on 30 odd years in and I am being all confident about SUFC being successful, proof I am stoopid.
Brown will probably name an unchanged side......

A win on monday would pretty much see us over the line IMO, oxford will not rally enough to threaten. I really think the play offs hold no fears for us look at our results agianst the top 3/4 in the division.....hang on 30 odd years in and I am being all confident about SUFC being successful, proof I am stoopid.
Brown will probably name an unchanged side......

And rightfully so after yesterday. Murphy made a huge difference with his pace and footballing brain, how many other players in this league would have squared that ball for Corr?

Team News:

Bentley

White
Sokolik
Egan
Coker

Timlin
Leonard
Atkinson

Hurst
Corr
Murphy

Subs: Chambers, Laird, Prosser, Eastwood, Loza, Straker, Barnard

Easy post, just cut and paste from Rochdale team sheet, job done ......and another 3 nil please.

I hope I am wrong but it looked to me that Corr's back was niggling him ......... so he might not be there. I would put Sir Frederick in instead but I don't think Phil Brown will agree with that .............

I hope I am wrong but it looked to me that Corr's back was niggling him ......... so he might not be there. I would put Sir Frederick in instead but I don't think Phil Brown will agree with that .............

I think corr has always got a niggle of some sort....he wouldnt play if he bothered about them...he will start on monday and score.....come on southend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back