• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was holding his back a couple of times in the Wombles game. Start with Murphy see if the width and pace give us options we badly missed out on v Wombles. I'd be quite happy to start with Barnard and Loza and bring Corr on as early as half time if it isn't working. I know Barnard hasn't worked so far but we haven't seen this combination.

Should be a decent gate too. I doubt Accrington will bring any more the 50+ but should be 6500-7000 shrimpers in attendance.

Following the Wimbledon result I would imagine there will, quite rightly, be many on here who, whilst confident after our win at Rochdale, will not imagine Accrington is going to be a walk in the park. I'm sure PB and his team have done their homework and will be out to avoid another disappointing home result.
Accrington aren't absolutely clear of relegation worries and I'm sure they will be coming to Roots Hall to 'park their bus' and hope to hurt us on the break. As at Rochdale, an early goal, if we can get it, will be very important. A goal bonanza doesn't look as though it's what we're in for and if we don't get that early goal it could well turn into a dour, turgid and frustrating afternoon. They look a reasonably solid side of late.......their last six results:-

Accrington 1 v Mansfield 1
York 1 v Accrington 1
Accrington 0 v Northampton 1
Exeter 0 v Accrington 1
Daggers 0 v Accrington 0
Accrington 1 v Plymouth 1

Hardly exciting stuff at either end of the park! Hopefully I'm wrong but it could be a tense and nervy afternoon. Even if we get that important goal it would be wise not to just try and hold on to the advantage. In their last two games against 'improving' Mansfield and 'in form' York they managed to get equalisers in stoppage time.

Dates for Play Offs

Following the Wimbledon result I would imagine there will, quite rightly, be many on here who, whilst confident after our win at Rochdale, will not imagine Accrington is going to be a walk in the park. I'm sure PB and his team have done their homework and will be out to avoid another disappointing home result.
Accrington aren't absolutely clear of relegation worries and I'm sure they will be coming to Roots Hall to 'park their bus' and hope to hurt us on the break. As at Rochdale, an early goal, if we can get it, will be very important. A goal bonanza doesn't look as though it's what we're in for and if we don't get that early goal it could well turn into a dour, turgid and frustrating afternoon. They look a reasonably solid side of late.......their last six results:-

Accrington 1 v Mansfield 1
York 1 v Accrington 1
Accrington 0 v Northampton 1
Exeter 0 v Accrington 1
Daggers 0 v Accrington 0
Accrington 1 v Plymouth 1

Hardly exciting stuff at either end of the park! Hopefully I'm wrong but it could be a tense and nervy afternoon. Even if we get that important goal it would be wise not to just try and hold on to the advantage. In their last two games against 'improving' Mansfield and 'in form' York they managed to get equalisers in stoppage time.

Just to let you know for your diaries Play off dates ;

1st Leg 10th May 7th v 4th
1st Leg 11th May 6th v 5th
2nd Leg 16th May 4th v 7th
2nd Leg 17th May 5th v 6th
Final 26th May

Just need to win 2 games and we are in the play offs

Final 26th May

On the basis, nae in the desperate hope of making the final, I cancelled my son's Birthday weekend to ensure the weekend was free for whatever day it fell. Costing me a fortune in keeping the missus quiet though. :'(

I am sure both will make it Sokalik was a doubt against Rochdale .But he played and came through 90 mins plus .But even if he doesnt make it I think we have prosser as cover .

I can't wait. I entered a twitter thing by the club for my son to read out the teams before the game. He got chosen and will read the team line ups at 2.30. The club also wanted a Stanley fan to do the same for their team, but as of yet no one has come forward and so my son will read out both sides. Fair to say he is very excited and a brilliant thing for the club to do. Utb

Final 26th May

Joy for me! I was unaware that my daughter and wife, due to travel times, had changed the date of her birthday party from Sunday to Saturday lunchtime on the 10th of May............evening KO Saturday...........lunchtime KO Sunday!

I was looking over the table last night over a cold beer and I agree a win today is MASSIVE and could book our playoff place :-)

COME ON SOUTHEND its in our hands we can do this :-)

I can't wait. I entered a twitter thing by the club for my son to read out the teams before the game. He got chosen and will read the team line ups at 2.30. The club also wanted a Stanley fan to do the same for their team, but as of yet no one has come forward and so my son will read out both sides. Fair to say he is very excited and a brilliant thing for the club to do. Utb

if he has to do both , tell him to do the Stanley team in a Northern accent ! :winking:

if he has to do both , tell him to do the Stanley team in a Northern accent ! :winking:

Or the milk advert....

SJ Son: Accrington Stanley.....
SUFC Massive: Who're they?
SJ Son: Exactly!

If he does that I'll buy him an easter egg!

Games against such tinpot clubs with tinpot fan bases are the main reason I so want out of this league.

UTB!!! :Worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back