• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Fantastic stuff from all concerned.

The fans who go to every home game and awaydays..Top stuff from you all.

Ron,We all slate him yet somehow he continues to pull rabbits out from his hat.

Phil and his staff for guiding the team into the play off.

The players who have worked hard for this.

Happy days.

I think most would have seen the play offs as a success prior to the season starting, a lot thought PB would be a poor appointment, thus far PB has done a decent job, play offs achieved, now just need to go again for the play offs. Must be said the winless run was poor and has ultimately cost us automatic promotion and our results agianst the 'top teams' only adds to the frustration of that run. I look forward to the play offs.....come on lads one more 'run'

I think most would have seen the play offs as a success prior to the season starting, a lot thought PB would be a poor appointment, thus far PB has done a decent job, play offs achieved, now just need to go again for the play offs. Must be said the winless run was poor and has ultimately cost us automatic promotion and our results agianst the 'top teams' only adds to the frustration of that run. I look forward to the play offs.....come on lads one more 'run'

Agree with all of this!

The poor run was expensive yet we all have to move on and believe .

Ron,We all slate him yet somehow he continues to give false promises about the stadium starting shortly and restricting managers with transfer embargos during the season making their achievements even more remarkable.

Edited for accuracy ;)

Sometimes I get carried around with the emotion of the result - but when I sit down and look at this squad, I don't think any of the players or staff can be accused of not giving 100% effort each and every week. We are organised, passionate and work our socks off every week. Like anyone, I wish we could win leagues, cups, multiple promotions etc but in reality I am happy to support players who give their all for our club.

Well done on (fingers crossed) making the play offs

Happy days.

Bloody good post mrsblue, I agree entirely. Congratulations on also not mentioning Freddie, BBBC, Barney or quick young forwards.

Last edited:

Happy days.

Can't rep you but yeah I agree. Good work all.

Can't see it. Play offs would be met expectations, winning them an over achievement. Either way if PB isn't lured to Old Trafford he will be here next season.

Agreed, minimum expectation was the play offs, everything from here on is a knockout competition and doesn't take away from the achievement. No to go up now would be disappointing but I wont be calling for his head if we don't.

Phil Brown has done well bearing in mind the embargo issues until Christmas and whilst its not been plain sailing he has created a very solid team that is capable of playing some decent football at times.

Not sure why Ron should have any praise for us being in the playoffs, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this wretched Division in the 1st place. I would say we have made the playoffs despite Ron Martin a fantastic achievement by Phil Brown and the players.

Not sure why Ron should have any praise for us being in the playoffs, if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be in this wretched Division in the 1st place. I would say we have made the playoffs despite Ron Martin a fantastic achievement by Phil Brown and the players.

to be fair we were in this division when Ron took over so a bit harsh. I'm more worried about what state he could leave the club in than what it is now.

Sometimes I get carried around with the emotion of the result - but when I sit down and look at this squad, I don't think any of the players or staff can be accused of not giving 100% effort each and every week. We are organised, passionate and work our socks off every week. Like anyone, I wish we could win leagues, cups, multiple promotions etc but in reality I am happy to support players who give their all for our club.

Well done on (fingers crossed) making the play offs

Indeed, I don't think there has been a single game where we've lost because of lack of desire, effort or passion. We've got a good honest set of players who work hard for each other and want to play for the club, which is all we can ask for as fans. No problem characters like we had under Sturrock (that's not a swipe at Sturrock). A few extra goals during our bad run and we could have been in the top three.

You're right, we may be in the Conference or even out of existence.

Back