• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
While watching the Stanley game I realised of the Blues on the pitch ONLY Hurst played at Wembley in the JPT starting 11.
That for me showed how much the squad has evolved over the 12 months. And that Phil has done it quietly, without fuss.
When we make Wembley and win how many are going to be with us 13 months from now?
Of those departed only Britt and (controversially) Bilel have made positive progress.

Mention has to go to the sturrock signings still performing well, Timlin, Corr, Leonard (hurst of course) But yes Browns boys have been overall good, The back four at the moment speaks for itself, keeping Prosser out of the team with the way he has performed this season is no mean feat. I do think Atkinson has gone off the boil of late, although he still works his booty off for the cause. I have some reservations about the smattering of loan signings we have at the mo.

I think it shows more how he got the team selection wrong at Wembley by not playing the likes of Leonard and Corr who were key in getting us there.

Certainly playing Mohsni was absurd, but cant blame him for playing Tomlin/Assombalonga.

I think it shows more how he got the team selection wrong at Wembley by not playing the likes of Leonard and Corr who were key in getting us there.

He definitely got the team wrong that day. However I'd say that the idiot who decided to change the manager just before the game made anyone who was to come in, task very difficult to play the best side when they didn't know it.

Mohsni cost us that day as he did in all of the big games FACT

Brown was obviously influenced by others for his line up at Wembley and understandably so, whether this was Coughlin, the chairman, Ricky Duncan, Sam Allardyce (liked Mohsni enough to want to sign him) etc

Now and if using that wonderful thing hindsight, I'm sure that there were certain decisions that day that Brown would change - the disruptive match loser Mohsni, the goalkeeping situation, an injured and inevitably departing forward, the likes of Corr/Leonard not featuring!!!

Brown was obviously influenced by others for his line up at Wembley and understandably so, whether this was Coughlin, the chairman, Ricky Duncan, Sam Allardyce (liked Mohsni enough to want to sign him) etc

Now and if using that wonderful thing hindsight, I'm sure that there were certain decisions that day that Brown would change - the disruptive match loser Mohsni, the goalkeeping situation, an injured and inevitably departing forward, the likes of Corr/Leonard not featuring!!!

That isnt a fact its an opinion.

He was awful at Wembley but there were 13 other players out there and none of them played well, and it wasnt Mohsni's idea to play him in the middle.

The most noticeable change for me is at the back, especially the GK and the full backs.
Dan has come on in huge leaps, confident and cool; under any manager Dan would have improved when given the games.
The two full backs have been excellent value for money! Why were the released by Col Ewe?
Lenny is in the same situation as Dan, given the games he has blossomed.
Fitness is UP under PB and BBBC has benefited from that BUT I believe he had to work and work to get PB to recognise his qualities.
I hope we do sign some of the Loanees.

We wouldn't be anywhere near the play-offs without the loanees, PB and Bob Shaw deserve huge credit for some quality acquisitions to rescue our season.

We wouldn't be anywhere near the play-offs without the loanees, PB and Bob Shaw deserve huge credit for some quality acquisitions to rescue our season.

Always a gamble when dipping into the loan market but one that has paid off for us, not just on the ability front they seem top lads too that have settled into the squad very well, I know some may moan about loanees and i kind of understand the 'not our players' view but sometimes its worth it

That isnt a fact its an opinion.

He was awful at Wembley but there were 13 other players out there and none of them played well, and it wasnt Mohsni's idea to play him in the middle.

Surprise Surprise you pipe up at one of my posts!!!

Name one BIG game where Mohsni made a positive contribution, I'll name you three/four in return where he had a negative impact!!! That's a Fact as well as an opinion

Name one BIG game where Mohsni made a positive contribution, I'll name you three/four in return where he had a negative impact!!! That's a Fact as well as an opinion

Not jumping on anyone's side but it is still an opinion. Not a fact!

Surprise surprise its a discussion forum, what do you expect. :dim:

You post specifically stated he cost us that day. That's your opinion, its not a fact, there are other factors involved.

Brown picked him to play in the middle, its more his fault that Mohsni wasn't any good, he isn't a central midfielder. If he had played centre half he would have had a better game.

Im not even a fan of Mohsni, I thought he was a liability but I dont see the point in blaming a player for being poor after not playing for some time and then being put in a position he never played in before.

Brown's selection was terrible, thats what cost us.

Getting back on topic, at least Brown learnt from that and he didnt form part of his plans.

Who played him in CM that day, out of position?

Mohsni, although a bit of a wild thing, was fully committed on the pitch, had so much positive input and was an entertainer

Let's be honest even if Mohsni was played in the correct position we would still of been outclassed by a much better team than us.

I like the squad that PB has finally built himself and really do hope he takes us up, but hates off to Bob Shaw for finding some diamonds through the loan system.

The squad is handy and the nucleus of the team will not struggle at a league higher. PB for me has done well but the blip period went on for too long without him making significant changes to end it. Hindsight again but disappointing. I dont know if we will win the play-offs but am confident we are capable of competing in them with the chance of winning.

Now I know a lot of you think I am RM's love child and always stick up for him but I also think he has done a good job for us this term. I know the embargo went on for a long time but we have avoided the annual unpaid wage and tax bill fracas to the point where the team morale has been bolstered rather than affected. We also appear to have missed out on the 'end of the world' scenario forecast by CP/BF last term.

The youths seem to be appreciated more and rewarded and new contracts for first team players are discussed and sorted in good time for a change. Many people suggested our club was the laughing stock, a view I never shared, and right now I think we look more professional than we have done for many a season.

Of course the infernal row about PB and his media commitments appears to have subsided whilst we are winning. Funny that.

The problem wasn't just playing Mohsni in a position he'd never played before, but in pairing him alongside a defensive central midfielder in Mkandawire.

Utter madness.

Back