• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket prices from JPT last year: 60/48/36/28/20
Bradford L2 playoff tix last year: 60/48/38/32/26

Unfortunately i cant see it being a huge crowd whoever gets there. We are the biggest side in the playoffs, with only Oxford the same size or bigger. Fleetwood, York and Burton wont take many i wouldnt have thought. Us against Oxford would be the biggest gate, which could push 40-45000.

I think it would be better using villa park, Emirates or Old trafford depending on geography.
At least the ground would have a better chance of being full.
Trouble is the FA have to get the payback on Wembley, it's only used 13 times a year AFAIK.

i really think clubs should be given the option. However, that would be a logistical nightmare.
Given the option, I'm sure the players would love to play at Wembley.

Its all very well suggesting other grounds, but I wonder how many people would suggest that if we hadnt played at Wembley last year.

Most people want to see their clubs play at Wembley at some point in their lives.

Its all very well suggesting other grounds, but I wonder how many people would suggest that if we hadnt played at Wembley last year.

Most people want to see their clubs play at Wembley at some point in their lives.

Yes I completely agree, just feel for the poor buggers that have to travel so far... OK for the majority of Blues fans.

I took 15 people to Wembley last time but I cant imagine half of them will come again should we get through as they have been there seen it, done it.

Agreed I took my three sons plus girlfriends who spend the entire match looking at their nails, so next time I imagine there might be just the two of us who actually support the club going.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, and I have missed it.

The League 2 Play Off Final will be 3pm on a Bank Holiday Monday (26th May). Surely that is perfect? Most people will be off work and it will have that superb, unusual day-off feel to it? Could boost the attendance as it makes for a fantastic day out?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/KeyDates/0,,10794~2810505,00.html

But being a Bank Holiday weekend and also half-term week at the schools, then many people would have already made arrangements for a weekend or even the whole week away.

Having said that I have already spoken to two families that could not make the JPT final and they have said that they would be able to go should we make the play-off final.

People said the same thing about the second LDV Final. I think we took more the second time in the end?

It is such a short window to buy tickets that I think it would be difficult to predict how many we'd take. A lot will depend on the momentum we build up over the next four matches and how easy the ticket buying process is. Wembley is such an easy ground to get to from Southend that there's little reason why we shouldn't take a big following.

Smaller like it was for Cardiff.

Not a bad thing as it really got to me when 99% of fans didn't make any attempt to sing, support, clap the side...

Absolutely, I done all three cardiff trips, the first two LDV, no singing, chants, nothing just too many daytrippers, the play off final however was a different kettle of fish, I was in the block of supporters on the side and I lost my voice that day due to the singing etc....but so many missed it for various reasons, my dad for example is the reason I am a blues nut, it was just too short notice even for him, work etc etc. Take wembley...30k + and hardly a whimper, I for one will say hang the expense if we get there and ensure I amsitting with the TBV bods and ave it Large

I couldn't make the L2 playoff final in 2005. By all accounts the smaller crowd made for a better atmosphere - is that right?

I agree that it will be smaller, and a better atmosphere.

However, in defence to last seasons day trippers, us being 1-0 down after about 4 seconds probably didn't help.

Back