• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My daughter counted them and said there were 50 something. Not sure she could see the back rows though.

Yes I completely agree, just feel for the poor buggers that have to travel so far... OK for the majority of Blues fans.

I flew back from sweden last time... it was worth every penny, flying back to see us play at villa park would suck :P

You'll be pleased to know I can see no engineering work going on, on either Southend lines despite it being a bank hols.

Ive been to all visits to cardiff and also Wembley the atmosphere was poor at Wembley cause we were crap our fans were cheering when we cleared the ball but I was still proud to watch my beloved blues playing at the home of football. I hope for a big turnout for our home game in playoffs and if we make Wembley again bearing in mind its on a bank holiday I hope we take a similar following play a lot better than against Crewe and have a better atmosphere because of it UTB

Stuff Wembley!

Would be better if played at Spurs,Westham and suchlike.35000 capacity would virtually guarantee a sell out with an intense atmosphere .

Looking at banks of empty seats at Wembley is stupid.

Stuff Wembley!

Would be better if played at Spurs,Westham and suchlike.35000 capacity would virtually guarantee a sell out with an intense atmosphere .

How many fans would two northern League 2 teams bring if the final was at Spurs? Likewise if the final was at say Everton how many we would take there?
A suitable ground would have to be sorted out in advance, you cant wait until you know the finalists and pick a ground close to both teams.

How many fans would two northern League 2 teams bring if the final was at Spurs? Likewise if the final was at say Everton how many we would take there?
A suitable ground would have to be sorted out in advance, you cant wait until you know the finalists and pick a ground close to both teams.

Every club knows Wembley will be the venue so every single fan from wherever will have to travel to London.

Besides how long would it really take to organise any venue to appease both sets of fans?

I can see mrsblues point, when the teams are decided for the play offs surely they could say well if Southend get to the final and play Fleetwood then it will be at this location etc? Or is that just to much of a dick dance/ tall order to sort out.

I can see mrsblues point, when the teams are decided for the play offs surely they could say well if Southend get to the final and play Fleetwood then it will be at this location etc? Or is that just to much of a dick dance/ tall order to sort out.

Exactly!,

The football authorities are dumb,Remember when we all travelled to Cardiff TWICE to witness sparse crowds in a dire atmosphere !,Wembley was another mad thing to behold yet the dimwits at the FA insist on these massive venues for small clubs.

2 clubs reach the final then the FA have IMO ample time to locate a suitable venue fitting for both clubs and their fan base .

Stuff Wembley!

Every club knows Wembley will be the venue so every single fan from wherever will have to travel to London.

Besides how long would it really take to organise any venue to appease both sets of fans?

Exactly!,

The football authorities are dumb,Remember when we all travelled to Cardiff TWICE to witness sparse crowds in a dire atmosphere !,Wembley was another mad thing to behold yet the dimwits at the FA insist on these massive venues for small clubs.

2 clubs reach the final then the FA have IMO ample time to locate a suitable venue fitting for both clubs and their fan base .

I couldn't really disagree more - the final has to be at Wembley.

Why as fans should we be punished for supporting a small team, we deserve our day at the home of football as much as anyone else.

I'm also assuming you realise that if it was played someone else, we could only expect half of the capacity for ourselves? Based on us taking 30k to Wembley last year, some of those would have been unable to get a ticket if the game had been at Spurs or West Ham, or indeed the vast majority of grounds in the country.

I couldn't really disagree more - the final has to be at Wembley.

Why as fans should we be punished for supporting a small team, we deserve our day at the home of football as much as anyone else.

I'm also assuming you realise that if it was played someone else, we could only expect half of the capacity for ourselves? Based on us taking 30k to Wembley last year, some of those would have been unable to get a ticket if the game had been at Spurs or West Ham, or indeed the vast majority of grounds in the country.

I suspect many paid on the day?

85% of those 30k NEVER attend league games.

Playing at Wembley is the pinnacle of most footballers careers. It is also the pinnacle of many teams achievements. Players from around the world aspire to play at Wembley. Fans from around the country want to see their team play at Wembley . I can't believe some of you want to take this opportunity away- you are all mad.

ps - can anyone think of an event that is put on at a major venue with a couple of weeks notice ??????????

Back