• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I didn't see Gomis last time he made an appearance but it must of been a different guy that day. He came on and looked a really good player and some desperate to prove himself, I hope to see more of him.

I don't know. I thought he was skilful at times but often just had his head down trying to beat all of their team when passing would have been a better option. I see what you mean when you say desperate to prove himself but I thought it was a bit too desperate today...but hopefully he improves because there is skill and talent there.

First time I've seen him and he definitely has some skill with the ball, couple of wayward passes but he looked strong and wasn't afraid to take players on. He should probably avoid shooting though, the one he had was dreadful.

Certainly has the strength.... not so sure about the skill atm.... We shall see. The boy may come good. Still if he scores we can easily chant his name to the tune of Tom Hark by The Piranhas...:smile:

Wonder how John O Toole feels now after all didnt he choose Bristol Rovers over us, and to think they had 2 players picked in the league2 team of the year also.

Agree with this, quite how two players from a team who were on the brink of relegation get picked is bizarre to say the least. Last season we had two in the team but didn't make the play offs, this year we do and don't have anyone. For what it's worth I'm glad they have gone. Never a nice place to visit and seen a fair bit io trouble over the years as well.

Yes, maybe Phil Brown will be tempted to go back in for O'Toole. I do not think he will be staying with Bristol Rovers somehow.

Once again Mr Brown spoke of changes and then sent out the same players and the resulting game plan was the same too.
As a spectacle this game will live in my memory until the next game v Burton.
If you have seen our last 7/8 games then you know how we lined up and how we played; no secrets that we defended well; top GK, worked hard in the midfield and had a bit of pace from Murph and an aerial threat from BBBC.
Marks for players = all 7 but 6 for Murph who struggled.
My M of M was Benny Settee; he looked scared when told he was on, and nervous for first 3/4 minutes; but slowly found his way and showed he wants to play FOOT ball and run with it; (there was some East Stand booing when he was getting ready-and although I respect everyone has a right to voice an opinion that was unacceptable from any Blues supporter who wants the team to do well and helps us NOT).
The BBBC goal was a classic, regular SUFC effort, wing work from KV and a solid head from the BigMan.
No bookings, no injuries, no surprises.
Burton looked average and low on confidence; in a 46 game season they have shown their ability is too be solid and organised BUT they have little threat; they are hard to score against and won't score many.
They reflect their manager who leaned nonchalantly against the dugout wall all game with little passion or flair.
Very few fans and depending on the events at the Pirelli Stadium perhaps TBV should be back in the North Bank for the home leg.
Low to poor from the referee and his team.
OK lap by players at the end BUT I would have liked to have seen MP and hope he appears (casually attired and out tanning PB) for a farewell in a fortnight or at Wembley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Gomis did ok, but kept just running with the ball and losing it. Yes looked exciting whilst he was rambling through, but didnt look in control of the ball most of the time and ultimately ran into trouble and lost it.

Got a bit better as the game went on but not overly fussed in seeing him again.

I didn't see Gomis last time he made an appearance but it must of been a different guy that day. He came on and looked a really good player and some desperate to prove himself, I hope to see more of him.

I thought he looked like a great athlete but one of the poorest footballers I can remember seeing in a Southend shirt.

I thought he looked like a great athlete but one of the poorest footballers I can remember seeing in a Southend shirt.

Dominic Iorfa springs to mind. The amount of times he only stopped running when he hit the stands I've lost count of

I think people saw him running with the ball and got carried away, he lost it every time he did it.

Maybe he was trying to hard, but I wasnt impressed.

If he had a football brain he would be a decent footballer. Has the physique and looked technically decent but no awareness of what was around him. Think we have seen the last of him in a Southend shirt.

Bed Settee is obviously not a top player as he has just made two sub appearances for us. He is a young lad trying to make his way and finding it tough. He didn't do anything special and a lot that he tried din't work out however I won't criticize him for that any-more than I will a player for shooting and not scoring: it is better, often to have a go than pass the responsibility to another. If he stays with us he MIGHT be a useful alternative in the midfield.
I do not think he will figure again in a Blues first team before next seasons JPT or Essex Senior Cup competitions.

Wow some people are quick to judge...Gomis came on and looked one of the most interested players on the pitch (okay he might be playing for his future). I didn't see his first game but I was impressed enough with what I saw. If we stay in league 2 I would be tempted to keep him for another season.

The game was a bit flat and yes it did feel like they weren't too bothered. Good performance from all of our players though and it will keep the confidence levels up.

Thought Egan was the stronger of the two centre backs, but both looked composed on the ball which lead to us being able to control the games possession.

Agreed. When you recall that they took 40,000 to Wembley for their play-off win 3 odd years ago, it shows what a fan base they have, which us and many others would love to have.

I'd say were a pretty similar sized club tbh. Bristol is a decent sized city and we are a town. I think a lot of clubs are envious of our gates. After brizzles pitch invasion at Wycombe last week they lost all sympathy from me.

Back