• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brett Angle

First XI
Not sure if anybody else had heard the Burton Manager this evening on the BBC website being interviewed after the match but it sounded to me that he was trying to convince himself (as well as everybody else) that it all ultimately went to plan today and that playing SUFC (vs. Fleetwood and York) at home in the first leg was (a) always their preferred option and therefore(b) today proved to be only a successful exercise experimenting with possible formations / players for the away leg at RH.

B****hit!

I hate to be too bullish being a long time Blues fan but he sounded like somebody who, despite rhetoric to the contrary - doesn't genuinely believe his team will get past us over two legs. Hope I'm right!

Clearly just attempting to convince his own fans that it was a success and trying to get ahead of us psychologically. On the subject of Burton fans - they were awful today! They had fewer than half as many as we took there and I don't remember hearing a single thing from them. UTB.

Yeah, cos everyone wants to play the 2nd leg away from home, don't they? Prat!

Trying to play mind games but failing. Says he has a stronger team to play but that team played their previous game vs Chesterfield and lost. Also judging by the complete silence from the away end I can't see why he would want to be away second in front of a packed roots hall.

Clearly just attempting to convince his own fans that it was a success and trying to get ahead of us psychologically. On the subject of Burton fans - they were awful today! They had fewer than half as many as we took there and I don't remember hearing a single thing from them. UTB.
Dagenham & Redbridge took more fans to their meaningless game at Cheltenham today!.

Rowett has done very well with Burton this season but I thought made himself look foolish with his post match comments

5th place was the perfect position to be in.

There is no benefit to it being the other way around.

Im delighted we managed it !

5th place was the perfect position to be in.

There is no benefit to it being the other way around.

Im delighted we managed it !

I Agree completely! Think we have a good enough away record to avoid defeat and then infront of 9000 we can really do this

Only thing is the game being at 12pm on a sunday?!? Now that is why so many people are against modern football! Can't even get a train up there on the liverpool street line because the earliest train gets to burton at 12:18!!

Wonder if he has seen that we had the best defence in the league. If we perform as we have done in defence then I would back us.

Plus the fact that his own team have only scored more goals than the bottom four teams in the division.

also add to this. noticed the burton players went straight down the tunnel after the game!!!!!!!

Back