• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What's Steve Kavanagh's e-mail address?

I'm supposed to be at a meeting in 5 minutes and I'm still in the queue.

Published on the OS one week ago:

"The demand for tickets is expected to be extremely high, so please do not call the ticket office hotline from your mobile. (Your mobile service provider will charge you excess fees for calling this number). We understand the frustrations with the phone line, but please note this is because of excessive demand that the system struggles to handle. If you are able to we strongly advise you buy your tickets in person at Roots Hall, however we understand this is not possible for everyone, and we ask this service is kept for those who really can’t visit in person. We apologise for the delays in advance, the phones will be specially manned, but we expect it to be busy."

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/300414-ticket-details-play-offs-1519131.aspx

Published on the OS one week ago:

"The demand for tickets is expected to be extremely high, so please do not call the ticket office hotline from your mobile. (Your mobile service provider will charge you excess fees for calling this number). We understand the frustrations with the phone line, but please note this is because of excessive demand that the system struggles to handle. If you are able to we strongly advise you buy your tickets in person at Roots Hall, however we understand this is not possible for everyone, and we ask this service is kept for those who really can’t visit in person. We apologise for the delays in advance, the phones will be specially manned, but we expect it to be busy."

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/300414-ticket-details-play-offs-1519131.aspx

That's fine - people who can get to RH should do so. However there are plenty of people who can't get to RH and therefore the phone is the only option.

If it's true that there are staff in the office twiddling their thumbs with no queue in front of them, and not answering phones - then that's really poor.

Had a reply from Steve Kavanagh, he is going to "jump on it"

Hopefully there will be an improvement from now for what could be chaos tomorrow and Saturday for general release.

Had a reply from Steve Kavanagh, he is going to "jump on it"

Hopefully there will be an improvement from now for what could be chaos tomorrow and Saturday for general release.

Cheers Jammy. They'll be in for a shock tomorrow morning when the exiles start calling up!

Did you mention it?

That's terrible organisation and management.

I'd send an email in to complain if I were you, it might get them to sort it out for general sale.

I've e-mailed the Club about 40 times to offer them my services to deliver a stadium for half the price of the structure they are no doubt currently looking at with absolutely no replies, so I'm not going to hold out much hope of a reply to a minor inconvenience such as this...

Has anyone recently been to the ticket office and got a terrace ticket? If so what number is on your ticket? We had someone with 630 & 631 earlier today. It will give us an idea on how many terrace tickets left out of our 1,250 allocation. I would imagine most of the 500 seats have been sold by now?

Pretty ****ed off with the whole thing to be honest.

As I said earlier I called at around 10am this morning and was on hold for the best part of 2 hours with a good 30 mins in position 1 in the queue. I started to suspect there might be a problem after such a substantial period in first position as in theory there should only be one person ahead of me being served which shouldnt take longer than 5-10 mins max.

I posted on here and someone made me aware that there was a known issue with the phone system so I gave up on my long running call and emailed the club.

I got an apologetic email from Charlotte at 1:50pm where she said she'd get someone to call me back today. But I've had nothing and now could miss out altogether on the away leg as with tickets going on General Sale tomorrow competition will be that much tougher and I can't get to the ticket office in person til Saturday morning at the earliest.

Disappointed as although I'm not a season ticket holder I do sink a lot of my hard earned into supporting the Blues home and away each year and bought the 3 game pass at the end of the season already knowing I couldn't make the last game of the season.

Whilst it is frustrating, the club clearly put this on the Website when they launched the ticket details:

The demand for tickets is expected to be extremely high, so please do not call the ticket office hotline from your mobile. (Your mobile service provider will charge you excess fees for calling this number). We understand the frustrations with the phone line, but please note this is because of excessive demand that the system struggles to handle. If you are able to we strongly advise you buy your tickets in person at Roots Hall, however we understand this is not possible for everyone, and we ask this service is kept for those who really can’t visit in person. We apologise for the delays in advance, the phones will be specially manned, but we expect it to be busy.
Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...urton-albion-1525396.aspx#wU1bIxd4ZuOqbuxd.99

They did make it clear the switchboard struggles and advise people not to call the ticket office... so to avoid this very issue!

I do find it incredible that the system hasn't been sorted out. This has been going on for years. I sometimes wonder if the club relies on the nice windfall through people stuck on the phone, especially phoning from a mobile. Disgrace really.
What's the point of having 5 people doing tickets, if fans can't get through to them.

Whilst it is frustrating, the club clearly put this on the Website when they launched the ticket details:

The demand for tickets is expected to be extremely high, so please do not call the ticket office hotline from your mobile. (Your mobile service provider will charge you excess fees for calling this number). We understand the frustrations with the phone line, but please note this is because of excessive demand that the system struggles to handle. If you are able to we strongly advise you buy your tickets in person at Roots Hall, however we understand this is not possible for everyone, and we ask this service is kept for those who really can’t visit in person. We apologise for the delays in advance, the phones will be specially manned, but we expect it to be busy.
Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...urton-albion-1525396.aspx#wU1bIxd4ZuOqbuxd.99

They did make it clear the switchboard struggles and advise people not to call the ticket office... so to avoid this very issue!

Yeah I think we were all aware that the phone system was going to struggle. I was fully expecting a long wait on hold so can't complain too much about that.

The fact remains though that its not possible for everyone to pop down to the ticket office during the week to collect tickets in person. I live and work in London so as I said the earliest I could have gone was on Saturday morning. With tickets going on general sale tomorrow I was eager to get this all sorted today as there could have been the very real possibility of me making a 4 hour round trip to Roots Hall on Saturday morning to be told that all the away tickets had been sold.

I also think the Club should have re-iterated that those with the 3 game pass could buy at the same time as Season Ticket holders when they released the details about the playoffs after the Burton league match. The only mention of this priority was in the original article advertising the sale of the 3 match pass which was obviously released a few weeks previous.

Anyway I'm happy to report that someone from the club rang me about half an hour ago and my tickets are now sorted but this issue with the phone systems does really need looking at.

I'd also like to thank those on here that helped answer my questions over the last couple of days with this as I get much more reliable information from you lot than I did from the OS.

Yes, I knew it would be rubbish as I've tried to buy tickets from the club before....

Whilst attending in person may work for you, I live and work in London. It really isn't practical or reasonable to expect me to take a day off, pay £14 for the train fare to come and queue for tickets.

I would happily have purchased them on-line. I would have happily purchased them after Saturday's match (indeed I popped into the ticket office on the off-chance that they could). I would have happily purchased them before Saturday's match, seeing as we were already guaranteed a play-off spot. I would happily have set up my season card to automatically buy tickets for all cup and play-off games, particularly as I primarily buy a season card to avoid having to deal with the ticket office (as helpful and polite as the staff always attempt to be).

Back