• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another ex Shrimper scoring an injury time winner today in their 1-0 victory over Chesterfield.

Saw him play for Oldham at Swindon at the weekend, and was surprised by how poor he was. Definitely the leader in defence and his experience showed, but he wasn't far behind Adam Barrett in the lack of pace front and his hoofing forwards was worse than ever. Caught out of position and dived in a few times too. Still, he wasn't helped by the players he was playing with who were pretty poor.

Michael Ngoo came on for the last 10 minutes and was surprisingly lazy, though he's certainly a unit and a bit Francis Laurent style in that he was lanky and would just get the ball and run with it whilst shrugging defenders off, but with little end product.

Nicky Ajose was playing for Swindon and missed three or four one on ones, including firing over the bar from about two yards out. Nothing to indicate that he's any better than Robinson based on that showing.

Saw him play for Oldham at Swindon at the weekend, and was surprised by how poor he was. Definitely the leader in defence and his experience showed, but he wasn't far behind Adam Barrett in the lack of pace front and his hoofing forwards was worse than ever. Caught out of position and dived in a few times too. Still, he wasn't helped by the players he was playing with who were pretty poor.

Michael Ngoo came on for the last 10 minutes and was surprisingly lazy, though he's certainly a unit and a bit Francis Laurent style in that he was lanky and would just get the ball and run with it whilst shrugging defenders off, but with little end product.

Nicky Ajose was playing for Swindon and missed three or four one on ones, including firing over the bar from about two yards out. Nothing to indicate that he's any better than Robinson based on that showing.

I'm still a little disappointed that S.U.F.C. did not try to sign him. Time will tell if Ajose will come good again.

After seeing the highlights again I saw Clarke pull Leonard away after the red card, was this for his protection or something more sinister?

After seeing the highlights again I saw Clarke pull Leonard away after the red card, was this for his protection or something more sinister?

I noticed this at the time, I felt it was just to put some distance between him and the others. Will always have a soft spot for Clarkey, nice bloke, but always likely to give away a penalty!

Definitely nothing sinister.

Having seen the highlights of it, Clarke diffused the situation which could've turned ugly. He removed Lenny from the situation and if you watch, their big number 8 comes over to have a pop at Lenny and Clarke quite forcefully pushes him away from Leonard.

Top bloke, lovely to see him still greeting our back office staff on a recent visit. Still doing knee slides too at his age! :Clap:

Loved Clarkey but he was never Championship standard because he wasn't big enough. As soon as we dropped down to League one, he and Adam had a very strong partnership

We somehow beat Man United with him in centre mid LOL

Loved Clarkey but he was never Championship standard because he wasn't big enough. As soon as we dropped down to League one, he and Adam had a very strong partnership

We somehow beat Man United with him in centre mid LOL

Spot on. I still remember him trying to stand up to Kenwyn Jones down at Southampton. A total miss match.
That was probably one of Tilly's most fatal decisions when putting together his championship squad. We needed another Spencer Prior type alongside Barrett.

Back