• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'Martin Dawn PLC' printed on the back totally ruins it. At least with just the logo on the front nobody knew what it stood for.

It's good to hear there's been some positive comments about the new home and away kits.

There's been murmurings about people being not sure about buying them, due to:

1. The price

2. The fact that Martin Dawn are the sponsor.

Yes £44 for an adult shirt is a lot, especially if you want to get it customised. Lots of people have mentioned that they could reduce the price and increase turnover/profit. That might be theoretically true but it's a gamble because there's no data to support if this would actually occur. Clubs therefore pitch their shirt prices at the same as the competition (similar with ticket prices). I also think that the quality of the shirt and potential Wembley appearances are more important factors for shirt sales than the price. I can't really justify buying one at the moment but will probably ask for one as a birthday present!

Not buying a shirt just because it's Martin Dawn on the front seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. We can speculate about why MD are sponsoring us and why we might have turned down other offers, however the fact of the matter is that:

1. We're pretty skint
2. Shirt sales are a good way for the club to raise all important income

If you're boycotting buying the shirt due to the sponsor, then maybe think about exactly what effect you're having on the club, and whether that's what you want.

I don't want to sound too preachy - and these discussions have happened when people said they'd boycott over the treatment of Tilly - however we absolutely have to get out of this league and if an extra 500 shirt sales lead to an extra £10,000 (assumed £20 profit per adult shirt) that we can put towards a potential signing or loanee) then it might just make the difference.

UTBs!

I know the discussion for the design of this seasons home shirt is now moot, but Man City just revealed their away strip...

article-2705936-1FFB017D00000578-466_306x423.jpg

If we're still with Nike next season, I wouldn't mind that for next year. Should we start a thread for next seasons kits now? :dim:

Do we have any idea when the new shirts are going on sale?

Seeing as the team are still playing in last seasons doesnt sound like its imminent and only 9 days or so till the new season!

Do we have any idea when the new shirts are going on sale?

Seeing as the team are still playing in last seasons doesnt sound like its imminent and only 9 days or so till the new season!

On sale on August 5th

Back