• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not the way it should be done, and breaking the law in UK, but I could get this top made for 30 lira, about 9 quid. It happens every where out here.

I was in Turkey last week and saw loads of cheap footy kits that didn't look fake at all. Unfortunately ours hadn't come out in time, otherwise I'm sure it would've been hung up alongside the Germany and Real Madrid kits.

Strongly disagree, back in the 90's I used to get calls from the club encouraging me to buy draw tickets, they knew if I hadn't been to a game for a while and tried to sell me tickets, I haven't had anything like that for many many years.

I was getting emails last year to tell me I should buy tickets for games I had already bought tickets for !

I still get plenty of emails regarding events, plus there is twitter and the other media which is far better than its ever been.

Back in the 90's you may have got calls, but times have changed and that's a very resource heavy method of trying to sell a few tickets, that's not marketing that's cold calling telesales.

I went out and watched Real Madrid earlier this year, i was going to buy a shirt until i saw they were 90 euros each, although that was with players name and number printed on it, they were also the same price in every little gift shop around Madrid. So it's hardly surprising how much they rake in from shirt sales.

Its all based on who makes the kit so we should only compare our prices with other Nike teams in the football league

Hartlepool - £44

York city - £44

Bradford - £44

Peterborough - £40 same kit as us

Scunthorpe - £ 44

Blackburn - £49.99

Brighton - £45

Chalton - £44 same kit as us

We are right on the money so im not too bothered to be honest

I went out and watched Real Madrid earlier this year, i was going to buy a shirt until i saw they were 90 euros each, although that was with players name and number printed on it, they were also the same price in every little gift shop around Madrid. So it's hardly surprising how much they rake in from shirt sales.

Keeping the price artificially high gives the illusion of quality. Stella Artois used the same tactic with their Reassuringly Expensive ad campaign, which gives the tattooed ****wit fraternity delusions of grandeur to this day.

I was in Turkey last week and saw loads of cheap footy kits that didn't look fake at all. Unfortunately ours hadn't come out in time, otherwise I'm sure it would've been hung up alongside the Germany and Real Madrid kits.

Yep all you need is a colour photocopy and they will make as many as you want. The place is packed with Dellboys

I was getting emails last year to tell me I should buy tickets for games I had already bought tickets for !

I still get plenty of emails regarding events, plus there is twitter and the other media which is far better than its ever been.

Back in the 90's you may have got calls, but times have changed and that's a very resource heavy method of trying to sell a few tickets, that's not marketing that's cold calling telesales.
Of course it's not cold calling ringing an existing customer !!!! It also gave things a personal touch and seeing as we have such a small customer base it isn't that labour intensive. Far easier to ignore an email than it is a call, if it's home improvements or ppi you hang up, if it's your football club that you support you are more likely to engage in conversation.

Of course it's not cold calling ringing an existing customer !!!! It also gave things a personal touch and seeing as we have such a small customer base it isn't that labour intensive. Far easier to ignore an email than it is a call, if it's home improvements or ppi you hang up, if it's your football club that you support you are more likely to engage in conversation.

I used to get those calls and they were just as annoying as PPI calls. I dont want to speak to someone hired in a call centre to make conversation about my club which they only care about because they are getting paid to.

If I want to go to a game I would go, I didnt appreciate someone calling me and never bought a ticket as a result of them.

Its a very dated process and our customer database is far bigger than you imagine, we must have 70,000+ people on there(I think the figure the club mentioned was even far higher than that), employing a few people to ring around, when most people are only home in the evenings when even "warm calling" is frowned upon, you are going make a very very shallow dent.

Much better spending that money on getting into schools and promoting the club in a long term strategy.

I used to get those calls and they were just as annoying as PPI calls. I dont want to speak to someone hired in a call centre to make conversation about my club which they only care about because they are getting paid to.

If I want to go to a game I would go, I didnt appreciate someone calling me and never bought a ticket as a result of them.

Its a very dated process and our customer database is far bigger than you imagine, we must have 70,000+ people on there(I think the figure the club mentioned was even far higher than that), employing a few people to ring around, when most people are only home in the evenings when even "warm calling" is frowned upon, you are going make a very very shallow dent.

Much better spending that money on getting into schools and promoting the club in a long term strategy.
70k on the database ??? :stunned: I don't think so

70k on the database ??? :stunned: I don't think so

Its not active customers, its people who have bought a ticket over years. The club said at the time of the Man Utd game how many tickets we could have sold and how many people were actually on the database and it was massive.

a lot of this surely boils down to not owning the club shop, doesnt it?

seems an odd situation to me to not have control over things like that.

it probably stops the club doing deals linked to other things like, for example like colchester have done. there is no early bird price as such, but if you renew a season ticket before the cut off date (end of may i think) you get a £40 voucher for the club shop. if you renew after that date its a £20 voucher. the idea being that you can get the new shirt as you pick up the season ticket without handing any cash over. its also a good deal for the club as they obviously dont pay £40 for a shirt.

Keeping the price artificially high gives the illusion of quality. Stella Artois used the same tactic with their Reassuringly Expensive ad campaign, which gives the tattooed ****wit fraternity delusions of grandeur to this day.

I was in Belgium (Ypres) this weekend. All the pubs sold Stella on draft, but then had menus of 20-50+ different Belgium bottled beers. The Irony being that in Belgium it appears that Stella is not considered a premium brand from what I saw

a lot of this surely boils down to not owning the club shop, doesnt it?

seems an odd situation to me to not have control over things like that.

it probably stops the club doing deals linked to other things like, for example like colchester have done. there is no early bird price as such, but if you renew a season ticket before the cut off date (end of may i think) you get a £40 voucher for the club shop. if you renew after that date its a £20 voucher. the idea being that you can get the new shirt as you pick up the season ticket without handing any cash over. its also a good deal for the club as they obviously dont pay £40 for a shirt.

Seaon ticket holders used to get 10% off in the shop from memory . I assume at that point the club ran it ?

I'll be doing what I've done for the past couple of years. I'll buy the basic Nike home shirts off of the internet for me and my granddaughters (£10 each for them £11.50 for me) and get an away shirt from the club shop one day when I'm feeling more flush. This year I'll probably get our names printed on the back too; I think the club shop will do that for a reasonable-ish charge.

I don't see the need to spend over £30 each on t-shirts for a 5 year old and an 8 year old, but want them to feel like they're wearing their team's colours.

I'll be doing what I've done for the past couple of years. I'll buy the basic Nike home shirts off of the internet for me and my granddaughters (£10 each for them £11.50 for me) and get an away shirt from the club shop one day when I'm feeling more flush. This year I'll probably get our names printed on the back too; I think the club shop will do that for a reasonable-ish charge.

I don't see the need to spend over £30 each on t-shirts for a 5 year old and an 8 year old, but want them to feel like they're wearing their team's colours.

Great idea.

They dont really care that much at that age anyway and wont know the difference. Plus they wont have to advertise Martin Dawn either :smile:

I reckon the new sponsor will be something to do with Sky! They very rarely show any kit launches on sky sports news especially below premier league!

I won't buy the shirt but I obviously want to advertise whatever company they choose to splatter across it. Do you think they'll sell stencils so that I can iron it on to my favourite items of clothing?

similar idea- get the team wear. its still club branded and jsut as good quality (or lack off dependent on your perspective) as he proper home shirt
ie http://www.shrimpers-clubshop.co.uk/avec-training

Back