• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come on Ron ,you have just 14 days left .After todays let down what is happening to our club??on and off he pitch
Having attended the last two AGM's ,I don't want to hear anymore lies regarding start dates.
Unfortunately I still remember the sale of Barnard for some quick money to balance the books which resulted in the slide which has ended with the stay in this dire footballing Division.

Lets have the TRUTH now........no more *********

Come on Ron ,you have just 14 days left .After todays let down what is hap
Having attended the last two AGM's ,I don't want to hear anymore lies regarding start dates.
Unfortunately I still remember the sale of Barnard for some quick money to balance the books which resulted in the slide which has ended with the stay in this dire footbal

Lets have the TRUTH now........no more *********
truth from Ron Martin? you are having a laugh

Ron was the first out the door when the whistle blew, I bumped into him outside and he said he was off to a wedding!!

On the pitch? Not sure you can park much blame on Ron's shoulders in regards to the playing budget. We have had one of the highest wage budgets in the league and have done for the last few seasons. Yes it would be nice to hear something positive about the stadium but he's always backed the manager by allowing numerous signings.

Remember he chose Brown,and we don,t know if he has backed him when needed this term.Also Brown has fired a broadside regarding the ground and Rons promises
On the pitch? Not sure you can park much blame on Ron's shoulders in regards to the playing budget. We have had one of the highest wage budgets in the league and have done for the last few seasons. Yes it would be nice to hear something positive about the stadium but he's always backed the manager by allowing numerous signings.

Remember he chose Brown,and we don,t know if he has backed him when needed this term.Also Brown has fired a broadside regarding the ground and Rons promises

Egan, Sokolik, Keirnan, Murphy, Loza, Woodrow. Whether Brown scouted them or not, he would have the final say and RM must have backed his decision. All good players who are/will play at a higher level next season.

Atkinson, Clifford, Coker, White. All brought in on a perm. All good players. Backed by RM again. Enough quality to have been promoted and all backed by RM.

People blaming the embargo (and ultimately RM) doesn't wash with me. We got in enough quality to win this division under an alleged embargo, what better players would we have got in without the embargo, considering the fair play thing for wages etc

End of the day, we didn't play well enough over 46 matches, couldn't cope with time wasting non football playing teams who parked the bus. This is something we have to resolve for next season because it will still go on.

Can't blame RM for this, unless you think PB isn't the man to take us up....then blame RM for appointing him

Egan, Sokolik, Keirnan, Murphy, Loza, Woodrow. Whether Brown scouted them or not, he would have the final say and RM must have backed his decision. All good players who are/will play at a higher level next season.

Atkinson, Clifford, Coker, White. All brought in on a perm. All good players. Backed by RM again. Enough quality to have been promoted and all backed by RM.

People blaming the embargo (and ultimately RM) doesn't wash with me. We got in enough quality to win this division under an alleged embargo, what better players would we have got in without the embargo, considering the fair play thing for wages etc

End of the day, we didn't play well enough over 46 matches, couldn't cope with time wasting non football playing teams who parked the bus. This is something we have to resolve for next season because it will still go on.

Can't blame RM for this, unless you think PB isn't the man to take us up....then blame RM for appointing him

Martin is a PR nightmare who I wouldn't trust an inch, but I have to agree with what you say there

Sorry our squad was good this season, a mixture of bad luck and a couple of bad decisions made us lose that match. RM has many faults but he can't be blamed for today's defeat, he seems to have supported Brown much more than he could have done.

I was standing by the old ticket office after the game as RM drove out in his motor, and the abuse he was getting from some of our fans was really unnecessary! I'm certainly not his biggest fan, and he has a very uneasy relationship with the truth, but that was not the time or place for it - Nor was the verbal that was being thrown in his direction.

As for this season, I have to agree with DWB - Ron has backed Brown in the transfer market and our squad, on paper at least, is arguably one of the strongest in the division and perhaps under achieved a little bit over the course of 46 games. That's not a criticism of Brown, more a defence of the criticism of RM this season - Our budget seems to be larger than most in our division, and let's not forget, our management team in Brown and Penney must be on a hefty old whack.

There are many things I have been unhappy about with RM's tenure, but this season, I find it difficult to imagine he could have done much more than what he has done in terms of playing budget and bringing in players with enough quality to get us up.

I was standing by the old ticket office after the game as RM drove out in his motor, and the abuse he was getting from some of our fans was really unnecessary! I'm certainly not his biggest fan, and he has a very uneasy relationship with the truth, but that was not the time or place for it - Nor was the verbal that was being thrown in his direction.

As for this season, I have to agree with DWB - Ron has backed Brown in the transfer market and our squad, on paper at least, is arguably one of the strongest in the division and perhaps under achieved a little bit over the course of 46 games. That's not a criticism of Brown, more a defence of the criticism of RM this season - Our budget seems to be larger than most in our division, and let's not forget, our management team in Brown and Penney must be on a hefty old whack.

There are many things I have been unhappy about with RM's tenure, but this season, I find it difficult to imagine he could have done much more than what he has done in terms of playing budget and bringing in players with enough quality to get us up.

I was shocked as I know 2 people who were verbally abusing Ron, peppered with swear words. I thought they had a bit more dignity than that, how wrong was I?

The **** shouldn't try to run me over then should he.

Indeed the abuse of Rm was unmerited today but I guess some feelings were a bit raw as just after the game. That said the worst of the abuse was being dished out by the resident small minority of nutters we seem to have..

Did anyone think we were actually going to have the stadium start when he said?

Chairman Trigg has hit the nail on the head here.

Under the guidance of our auspicious leader we have managed to go from a club with £5,000,000 debt to club with double that, we've sold off our ony asset to a supermarket and are in exactly the same league as when he started. And for what? An empty promise of a new stadium which after several years is still just an architect's plan and..errr.......nope, that's it.

And it's not for lack of trying on his part. I truly believe he really wants to see his dream happen and he's doing everything he can to achieve it. The problem is...he's just not up to it. He's not got the business acumen, the connections or the financial clout to pull it off.

This club could and should be in the Championship based on it's support base. Fact. 32,000 fans at Wembley for a meaningless cup final jolly, 1700 fans at Burton and home sell-outs in a 10k stadium whenever we have any match of any importance despite the fact we're in the basement league is testament to that.

But recognising that potential is easy, being able to realise that potential is something else entirely. I look at Peterborough for affirmation of this. Similar sized town, smaller catchment area. Their chairman Darragh MacAnthony is a precocious guy who saw a club with potential and turned them from a league 2 also-ran into a Championship/top-tier league 1 club and who play a brand of attacking football that we can only dream of. This is the guy who forked out the best part of a million for Britt which for a league 1 club sounds just daft but nobody on here will argue he wasn't worth every penny. That's vision. That's putting your money where your mouth is. That's not bleating to the press about some two-bob pizza parlour.

Simply put, Ron has to deliver on this stadium. No more excuses, not after all this time. And I hope he does, because then he can sell the club to somebody who does have a clue. In the final anaysis, his tenure has been nothing short of a disaster for this club.

In the final anaysis, his tenure has been nothing short of a disaster for this club.

For the most part I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. His one saving grace has been the support,under difficult circumstances and largely due to his own failures, of the last two manager's attempts to build a promotion squad.

I'm about as far away from liking Ron as is possible but with the above thought in mind if we can get some positive news on the stadium with some evidence of meaningful developments (a shovel would be a start) then perhaps he can start winning us over. The if is big though and we have plenty of evidence for that if.

I neither like or hate Ron but I have to admit I admire him,Abusing him IMO is bang out of order but everyone to their own thing I suppose.FF has become boring and I don't care if we remained at the hall as its better than the proposed 3 sides.

Ron has been bad news for the club yet we are stuck with him.

You was all cheering him on in the good times, when we were getting promotions and winning , now in the bad times when he probably would like your support you turn on him, no im not talking to all you supporters , im talking to the ones who found it proper to abuse him after the game yesterday, you should all be ashamed of yourselves, he has i believe done every thing possible this season to help PB and his staff, look at the calibre of players bought in ,not just the loanees but also the permanents,he found money so that pb could have Boots and Laces bought up to standard also .Be ahamed ! be very ashamed! becoz i am of you few ******s.

Im no massive supporter of Ron but why are people bringing this up after we lost the game.

If they are so angry at him why not be talking about this when we were winning?

Toys being thrown out of the pram at the easiest target because we lost much?

Don't really know what the problem is, nothing is wrong with our club, we've made huge strides from last season, big turnover of players, lots in on loan, lots brought in, we go from 11th to 5th, not exactly terrible or a cause of what's wrong with our club.

Back