• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CHEMICO FC

Manager
I think it all went wrong When Phil Brown Madeshe Sub of Micheal Timlin,We was still playing well to grab the winner before the end of the match and still heading for extra time but the team lost its way after this. Micheal Timlin is a Great motivater for the team gives his all,maybe carring a Knock but wanted to stay on with his Reaction with Phil Brown when he pulled him of. This happened in other games this season to same way and lost the game to.:omg:

It went wrong when Billy Kee came on, we just couldn't cope for some reason.

It went wrong when Billy Kee came on, we just couldn't cope for some reason.

Yeah that is my opinion, mixed a bit with the timlin sub. As I mentioned in the match thread, Kee should not have been allowed to dominate in the air and win so much ball.

Agreed and these were my thoughts too - Sokolik looked clumsy and uncomfortable against Kee, basically Kee drew Sokolik into a fight as opposed to an aerial battle.

Without pointing the finger too much but I thought both young centre halves were poor over the two play off matches

Timlin was hyped up and tackles were flying in. Needs to learn to calm down, but I agree it all went to **** when Kee came on.

Timlin was predictably subbed after being booked. It was unfortunate as he was orchestrating the midfield. I tend to think that the ref penalising Egan three times in the space of a few minutes in the first half knocked his confidence a little as well.

It looked very early to make that call, to be honest. Timlin had just got booked but he didn't look like he had 'lost it' like White and Corr had in the first game when Brown had no choice but to remove them. Timlin certainly didn't look like he understood the substitution.

It looked very early to make that call, to be honest. Timlin had just got booked but he didn't look like he had 'lost it' like White and Corr had in the first game when Brown had no choice but to remove them. Timlin certainly didn't look like he understood the substitution.

No, but he had been arguing with Lenny just beforehand, Clifford, in all fairness, should have been able to fulfil the same kind of role that Tims had undertaken, but that's the trouble with not playing our subs in competitive games, he didn't look match aware to me.

I actually agreed with bringing him off, as he's the type of player that wants to win everything, which makes him the player he is. As soon as that card is given, you always feel a bit worried when you see him go into tackles. However, yes we looked lost once he went off and for Clifford?

WHERE THE **** IS MARC LAIRD?

The ref had sent off 5 in 8 games so Phil had little choice .

Timlin only knows how to play one way, and that is his problem in this team. Yes, he's wholehearted but sometimes you need a little guile. It was obvious to me that Brown and pushed Lenny more forward in support of Corr, so Timlin had to take a more defensive role which requires much more concentration and positional sense which I do not think he is capable of.

In the circumstances it was, in my opinion, the right choice of substitution, but I also think Lairdy would have been the best option rather than Clifford. The Payne choice might well have paid off. Nippy little player could have upset them in the box, but it was not meant to be.

Their experience and nous won them through. The stats showed we were by far the better footballing team, but that is not always enough. Let's hope we've learnt from it.

Timlin was doing a man marking job on mcgurk, and the 5 mins before his sub he had been 'done' 3 times, the third of which he fouled and was carded. Clifford came on and was dire defensively. So probably the right sub, but wrong choice of substitutes, oh for Marc laird

Timlin would have been sent off if he had stayed on.

Why?

Timlin has been booked what must be getting up to 30 times in the three years he's played for us. Only once has this resulted in him being sent off.

Ignoring the fact that Clifford is like playing with 10 men anyway, Clifford is much more likely to get sent off - as demonstrated by his two red cards this season in, thankfully, limited playing time.

I actually agreed with bringing him off, as he's the type of player that wants to win everything, which makes him the player he is. As soon as that card is given, you always feel a bit worried when you see him go into tackles. However, yes we looked lost once he went off and for Clifford?

WHERE THE **** IS MARC LAIRD?

Absolutely agree on Laird. Where was he? He was on the bench the previous week. What has he done to deserve being dropped for Clifford, who yet again added nothing?

I think it all went wrong When Phil Brown Madeshe Sub of Micheal Timlin,We was still playing well to grab the winner before the end of the match and still heading for extra time but the team lost its way after this. Micheal Timlin is a Great motivater for the team gives his all,maybe carring a Knock but wanted to stay on with his Reaction with Phil Brown when he pulled him of. This happened in other games this season to same way and lost the game to.:omg:

Do you mean Brown and do you mean Sunbed?

Back