• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
That the atmosphere inside the Hall on Saturday was incredible.

That I support the the team from the town where I grew up and aren't a plastic Manc or worse still a mockney.

That I fall out with SZ members yet still can have a beer with them in The Spread.

That we'll all be back in August for our first league game, home to Burton obviously!

That if you meet a Shrimper anywhere you can immediately strike up a conversation, that doesn't happen with the big clubs.

That I defend supporting my local team however patronised I get.

That next season will be my 45th

Although you continue to break my heart, like a proper marriage, we'll always be there for each other.

UTBs!

That I support the the team from the town where I grew up and aren't a plastic Manc or worse still a mockney.

That I fall out with SZ members yet still can have a beer with them in The Spread.

That we'll all be back in August for our first league game, home to Burton obviously!

That if you meet a Shrimper anywhere you can immediately strike up a conversation, that doesn't happen with the big clubs.

Although you continue to break my heart, like a proper marriage, we'll always be there for each other.

UTBs!

Well said mate lots of us are hurting right now but time is a great healer and give it a few weeks people will be itching to do it all over again!

Saturday was insane atmosphere first half. The noise even when the players came out was mad, and then when straker scored I thought the stand was going to collapse!

Even the east stand was singing, wish the atmosphere was like that every game, but just shows what the fans can give when the players give us something to cheer!

Onto next season we go! :smile:

Nice words HB and one's that I wholeheartedly agree with; though I would have been divorced from the missus by now if we'd been through so many ups and downs!

Agree with all of that.

Atmosphere after Strakers goal amazing, even emotional. Young lady in row in front of me had tears in her eyes, thats football as it should be.

Good to have a break for a while but come August back we will come.:thumbsup:

Agreed cracking atmosphere ,even had a chat and a pint with Don Goodman and Peter Beagrie in the railway afterwards.Don reckons if we keep Phil Brown he will get us up next season.

Great post and never a truer word spoken. 35 years of supporting this lot and season tickets renewed for next. Absolutely devastated, gutted you name it after Saturday. But we go again in August and as fans we have to go again as well. Despite the disappointment the team still did us proud this season. Sometimes you don't always get what you deserve or dream of. But the team will get my full support and lets hope this time next season we are in league 1.

Those daytrippers didnt do so bad eh....
Well spotted JM it's about time the moaners on here recognised that not all supporters come to every game. The now and againers certainly did their bit big time on Saturday.

UTBs!

Bloody good post HB, echo everything you have said with knobs on. As we are also flashing our longevity on here, it will be my 49th next season.

The atmosphere was brilliant to be fair even though the result wasn't the one we wanted. was great to hear the whole west stand singing and also the south and east giving it ago. Couldn't have asked much more from the fans to be honest.

Agree with all that is said about the atmosphere. I was in the East Reds and even they were singing! The sound coming out of the West Stand was absolutely amazing. I could hear singing from all parts of the ground. Proud to be a Blue.

The atmosphere was brilliant on Saturday! Yes we may have lost and it's gutting looking back on it. At the end of the day we must be thankful to have a team to support considering the financial problems we have.

Those daytrippers didnt do so bad eh....
Do RH as much as I can. More away these days. Sang till I was hoarse. Got home last night still hoarse and hurting so much. Don't know which will ease first, the voice or pain of losing to a bunch of undeserving cheats after we dominated. Well over a week for each I reckon. Next season is my 48th.

UTBs!
this is so true, I was in Hong Kong last week, and a bloke I didn't know did exactly that, his mate a Manck supporter kept ask we do it... He doesn't get the bond that we all have together, over many years , thick and thin.... Good and bad...

I for one , wouldn't miss it for the world.....

Yes, yes, yes, yes
Saturday after the game left me physically and mentally drained but I cannot wait for next season

6 new northern grounds for me next season that I'm praying won't be on a Tuesday, plus the southern grounds to revisit - can't wait for the fixtures to come out so I can start planning my life again.

UTBs!

Fantastic post. The moment Straker scored will live with me for some time, the pain will subside soon, and we will be back.

i took 5 mates to the game, 4 of which were first time at the hall. all devastated by the result but loved the whole day (drinking on the beach helped with that) and they are all desperate to come back next season. we done good lads.
i'm not exactly sure when i can say i started to be a proper fan so it's about 20 years for me

Back