• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If Barnard wants to leave, I'll get my car out and drop him off wherever he wants to go to. I also have room for Freddie too!
Thanks for the memories guys but time to move on as we are building a team to win League 2 next year.

Bad signing.... as I've said before, the only thing I can think of is that Brown is confident with a 'Brown' style pre-season, he can get him fit and firing. If so, then there wont be many better strikers in this league or league one.

But its a big ask...

Bad signing.... as I've said before, the only thing I can think of is that Brown is confident with a 'Brown' style pre-season, he can get him fit and firing. If so, then there wont be many better strikers in this league or league one.

But its a big ask...

Bit surprised by this - on the evidence of his performances I would've said a polite thanks but no thanks. However maybe the uncertainty of his situation at Saints/ lack of games & becoming a parent / moving back etc may have had an effect on his form.
As you say, If he is indeed staying then let's get him fired up & hopefully the boy will come good. New season new start etc & as we have seen with Leonard/Straker/Prosser sometimes it takes a while before we see the improvements.

If he has a good pre-season and scores a couple of early season goals, could rocket is confidence and who knows, could see some of the Barnard of old!! Not sure if Corr is the right player to play alongside him though!!!

I saw yesterday that the tank has said he wants to leave Gillingham maybe over weight but he still scores goals Did for Nothampton when he played for them proven goal scorer at this level .

If he has a good pre-season and scores a couple of early season goals, could rocket is confidence and who knows, could see some of the Barnard of old!! Not sure if Corr is the right player to play alongside him though!!!

This. Barnard undoubtedly could be a good player for us, especially with a good pre-season in him. But with Brown's preferred formation being one up top, and that role better suited to Corr, how much game time is Barnard actually going to get, he's not an impact player to bring on from the bench.

So we gave Barnard a deal as soon as he signed on loan, when we absolutely didn't have to, before seeing how he'd play? Righto.

Maybe Brown is planning a different style of play next season. I agree that Barnard has not produced what we all hoped he would after his return, but the guy is a goal scorer. We know that he wasnt fully fit when he returned and certainly as others have said he is not suited to a lone striking role. If this is true and we have offered him a new one year deal then i dont have a problem with that. Get him fit, a full preseason and lets get behind him and show him the support we used to.

Id rather Barney than Fred. Love Fred to bits but he just hasnt done the business other than a good start to the season. Ive read other people say that hes good off the bench, an impact sub etc. Well im struggling to remember when this has happened other than his goal away to Burton earlier in the season. His problem is that he still has the skill and the odd trick, but no pace to go with it and thats the main quality he has lost since his last spell with us.

Strange one if true.

Not seen anything since his arrival to be excited about, yet I never really was a big fan of Barnard when he was here. He was a very good goalscorer but one that I never really enjoyed watching if Im honest. Now he isnt scoring that's even less enjoyable!

However Eastwood came back this season and was looking very fit and in good form, Im hoping that Barnard can do the same.

Are you not reading it as he signed a one year loan deal, therefore having six months left to run?

How can he be on loan from a club he's no longer attached to? I'm reading it as if we dangled the carrot of a one-year deal in order to bring him to the club on loan in the first place.

This deal was probably done between Barnard and Ron Martin. I am sure Phil Brown would not have done this if he had 100% say in players signing matters. Just the sort of thing to give the manager an excuse to leave.

This deal was probably done between Barnard and Ron Martin. I am sure Phil Brown would not have done this if he had 100% say in players signing matters. Just the sort of thing to give the manager an excuse to leave.

Do you honestly believe that Phil Brown would stand for Ron Martin signing players that he didn't want?

140i1a9.jpg

He's got some serious work to do pre season if this is going to win me over.

PACE, WE NEED ****ING PACE UP FRONT :angry:

This !!!!!!!

Back