• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Outrights 14/15

I know someone with a potentially very costly spread bet having sold Saints total points, he's desperately hoping their tough run derails their season. He's going to lose, question is how much!

Got burnt once spread betting and vowed I'd never touch it again, which is just as well as I would've done my absolute codgers this year.

Got burnt once spread betting and vowed I'd never touch it again, which is just as well as I would've done my absolute codgers this year.

Always thought of the 2001 UEFA Cup final (Liverpool 5-4 Alavés), when I was convinced it would end 0-0 and had a 'normal' bet on, as evidence that I should never touch the spreads.

I know someone with a potentially very costly spread bet having sold Saints total points, he's desperately hoping their tough run derails their season. He's going to lose, question is how much!

I'd probably wait for the tough run to end hope for losses and cash out before they start winning again to cut losses? That's if you can cash out I guess? On Sporting Index you can.

Two of the greatest betting events of the year begin tomorrow.

Darts:
- Phil Taylor to win 11/4 (backed months ago)
- Bunting to win 28/1 (likewise)

Big Bash:
- Melbourne Stars to win 10/3
- Melbourne Renegades to win 8/1
- Alex Hales top Hobart bat 6/1
- Michael Lumb top Sydney Sixers bat 3/1

Best bit about the Big Bash is regularly losing money before 10am whilst laying in bed over Xmas period. Glorious.

Fiver on United to win the league, 12/1.

Thought it's worth a fiver on Van Gaal to repeat history and get United really motoring now, especially without Europe toe distract them.

Just re-reading this thread, Jesus, you've had a mare, remind me to never back one of your plays.

I'm actually up this season, thanks to a Prem PP enhanced 8-fold, paid for my trip to Roma Empoli in a few weeks. I'm actually doing ok-ish on my weekly bets, better than my outrights.

My outrights aren't quite on your level, but they look nowhere near coming in, and in the interest of balance, they are;

Had the Rooney PP, special so have benefited from a few free bets already, I actually went each way on it, so there's still a chance I could come out on top of that one.

Had an outright treble on Norwich, Bristol City, and erm, Southend....

And the mid-season bet on United to motor past Chelsea and City, they've won once, since then.

Guys,

How does an each way accumulator work? I put the money on but don't really know what I'm needing to come in in order to win. I thought that I'd backed Chelsea, Norwich, Bristol City & Luton but it appeatrs that I took Manchester City at the last second in the Premier League, either way three of them are well set and I'm hoping for a bounce from Norwich now they have a new manager.

Guys,

How does an each way accumulator work? I put the money on but don't really know what I'm needing to come in in order to win. I thought that I'd backed Chelsea, Norwich, Bristol City & Luton but it appeatrs that I took Manchester City at the last second in the Premier League, either way three of them are well set and I'm hoping for a bounce from Norwich now they have a new manager.

It is effectively two bets.

Bet one - all four teams have to win their respective divisions and you get paid out at the accumulated full odds. So for ease of explanation, let's say all four teams were 5/1, or 6.00 in decimal terms. 6x6x6x6 = 1295/1

Bet two - all four teams need to finish in at least the top three (it may be top two for the Prem) and you get paid out at the accumulated place odds. so here you effectively have four 5/4 shots, or 2.25 in decimal terms. 2.25X2.25x2.25x2.25 = 24.6/1

For the second part of the bet, it makes no difference if one of your teams actually finishes top - you'll only get the place return.

Hope that makes sense!

Barnet are starting to **** their pants a little at the top of the Conference. Could really do with them getting back on form. Each way bet on PNE looking increasingly like a place is my only hope, but happy enough with Middlesbrough's chances of a top six finish.

With the signing of Tubbs and the smashing of Cambridge at the weekend, I thought I'd stick a couple of quid on Portsmouth to be the team that pushes late on and gets promotion, Betfair were offering what looked a decent 33's on it.

And for about 60 minutes last night, it seemed my mid season flutters were the kiss of death for teams, with my punt on the Van Gaal effect seemingly having punched the life out of their drive up the table. However, ten crazy minutes later, not only did they finish off my treble for a tidy thirty quid profit, but I'm now feeling better about their chances of promotion; as long as it's not at our expense of course.

I must have a look at what they are this afternoon, see if their odds have changed much since.

40/1 still available in places for Pompey to go up.

Best price on us, incidentally, is 6/4.

Down in the Conference, Barnet's terrible run of form and Bristol Rovers' excellent one has not pleased me.

PNE's hopes of a top three finish have improved after two decent wins and Boro still looking fine for a top six Championship finish.

Rooney for the golden boot? Maybe not.

40/1 still available in places for Pompey to go up.

Best price on us, incidentally, is 6/4.

Down in the Conference, Barnet's terrible run of form and Bristol Rovers' excellent one has not pleased me.

PNE's hopes of a top three finish have improved after two decent wins and Boro still looking fine for a top six Championship finish.

Rooney for the golden boot? Maybe not.

Yeah, I had Rooney e/w. Hoping for a late flurry there.

Have Portsmouth and United to make late pushes - unlikely.

And my treble on Norwich, Bristol City and Southend is falling wide of the mark too.

Luckily I've had a good season on my weekend three and four folds.

I'm beginning to think I should have gone E/W rather than win with my preseason Lucky 15 of Man U/Derby/Preston/Southend. To be fair, by this stage of the season at least two of my tips are usually relegation fodder.

Taken Rooney, Soldado (backed again on principle that he's 3x the price of last season), Fryatt and Orient on the handicap (sorry).

I've also backed Craig Westcarr at 25/1 to be topscorer in L2. 17 goals for Walsall so should compete.

Anyone done as badly as me then?

Not sure my goalscorers have double figures combined. Orient getting relegated is the next best thing to winning that bet.

My bets are fizzling out after a promising start! My top goal scorer combo hasn't gone well at all, bar Aguero!

Back