• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rotherham have announced their squad numbers for the new season. As far as I can see Worrall has not been given a number - make of that what you will!

All you can make of that is that they are letting him go, something which was already known. The question is, who will get him?
We are just one of a few clubs after him, some from Division one. They usually tend to go for best wages and higher division. Unless PB can work some magic.

Interesting exchange of views on twitter between those who fear the curse of the returning player and those that believe he is past it at nearly 35. To counter that there are those who cite that he was playing in the Championship last season (31 appearances for Charlton), and must be good enough for a year or two in League Two. I'm happy to leave the decision to PB on the basis of how he performs tomorrow. I hope he's a success......Braintree should provide good opposition.

Phillips and Barker were our players of the year not too long ago and two years later they were out - when your legs have gone they have gone. I have no idea how fit Cort is , but I would say that even if someone at that age had played 30 games in a year (which he hasn't) it really isn't the best indication that they will be able do the same the following season.

All you can make of that is that they are letting him go, something which was already known. The question is, who will get him?
We are just one of a few clubs after him, some from Division one. They usually tend to go for best wages and higher division. Unless PB can work some magic.

A Manchester lad as well. So with Bury and Oldham amongst others oop narf sniffing around, Brown will do very well to tempt him darn sarf.

I see on the Rotherham official site that Worrall has had his contract terminated by mutual consent.

CP said blues fans expect good news today.. And Worrall has been released in the last 48 hours..?!

On different subject, just noticed Crewe have released a few including the forward AJ Leith-Smith. Wasn't he quite highly thought of around the time of the JPT final?

On different subject, just noticed Crewe have released a few including the forward AJ Leith-Smith. Wasn't he quite highly thought of around the time of the JPT final?

I think he went to Yeovil a few weeks back, he tore us apart in that Play Off semi a few years ago.

Ashley grimes has just been let go by bury, could be worth looking at.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Cheltenham are interested in him and Yates has said he's hoping to sign a striker before the weekend so he could well be on his way there.

Ideally need to sign Fagan, keep Auger on a year contract as right back cover and find a second choice left back which we currently don't have! He seems to be making lots of noises about getting another right back, but if Coker breaks his leg first game of the season, what are we going to do? Play a centre back or a right back at left back for a season?

Back