• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who thinks we should name the North Stand after Freddy Eastwood??
If the North Bank was to be renamed ,there is only one name for it and that is The Billy Best Stand .:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great idea, hopefully he and his chums can come and take it down to the scrap yard soon

How about ,"Not One of The Chairman of This Club Have Ever Stood in This Stand " stand .

We already have the Frank Walton Stand though nobody ever refers to it as such. Even the tickets for the South Stand make no reference to it being named after Mr Walton. Perhaps this should be something that the club should rectify in the future.

I have to say that I like stands named after players and not just East, South, West, North whatever. Wouldn't have any objections to stands at the new ground being named after Billy Best, Freddy, Maher or Tilly to be honest. Perhaps the powers that be could do a survey/poll amonst the fans and let us have a vote on it if and when we ever leave Roots Hall..

I just don't get all this adulation for Eastwood. Personally, I'm pleased he has gone as he should never have come back. Thanks for the memories but you time is done. Now if you really want to name a stand after someone, how about the Collymore Stand? At least he was a class act and brought a lot of money to the club when he was sold.

I just don't get all this adulation for Eastwood. Personally, I'm pleased he has gone as he should never have come back. Thanks for the memories but you time is done. Now if you really want to name a stand after someone, how about the Collymore Stand? At least he was a class act and brought a lot of money to the club when he was sold.

oh please do me a f****** favour!

There is, of course, already the Collymore Suite in the East stand.

.........and you CANNOT compare Sir Stanley against Eastwood in the same breath. As someone else said, more legends before Fredwood, why not call it 'Frankie Banks'?

Stan was a one-off, we'll probably never see anyone as good as him ever again in a Southend shirt. Eastwood is the best player we've had in the modern era and he will always have legend status at the club with the supporters and rightly so, however there are far more worthy servants to SUFC over the years than Freddy (like Frankie Banks as mentioned above).

Collymore was superb in a very short space of time for Southend - 30 games I think he played for us and he is probably the greatest player to ever represent the club. Yes he was a class act on the field for Southend but off it since, you can hardly say that has been the case. His dogging escapades & his media outing for this, punching women out, the absoute ***** he writes on Twitter and the utter mess he made of his career post Southend (though I would accept that there certainly were contributory reasons for the latter) hardly sends out a great message does it?

Even without taking all the off the field stuff into consideration, he just wasn't here long enough I feel. If we were voting for a player to be given the honour of a stand being named after him, it would have to be somebody who was at least here for a few seasons and for that reason, I would go with Steve Tilson or Kevin Maher.

Just my opinion though. :unsure:

Personally, I cherish the memories of The North Bank and am happy to remember it just so. If it needed a name change, which I doubt, then maybe call it The Legends Stand in honour of everybodys favourite player.

Back