• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
I have today been at the memorial service for Shrimper Iain Scoon who died in a cycling accident on the Isle of Bute on April 6th. It was an amazing do in the City of London where top London lawyers and other dignitories spoke of his love for the Blues and his support of the underdog. A top man who supported Clydebank, Scotland and Southend. RIP Iain.

I have today been at the memorial service for Shrimper Iain Scoon who died in a cycling accident on the Isle of Bute on April 6th. It was an amazing do in the City of London where top London lawyers and other dignitories spoke of his love for the Blues and his support of the underdog. A top man who supported Clydebank, Scotland and Southend. RIP Iain.

I didn't know this. Ian sat behind me in East Greens before he moved to Scotland. This is a real shock!

A lovely part of the service, amid the poems and moving songs, was "A13 Trunk Road to the Sea by Billy Bragg". The service actually finished with it. Not many songs include the words "Thundersley, Hadleigh, Leigh-on-Sea, Chalkwell, Prittlewell, Southend and Shoeburyness". Billericay Dickie of course comes close!

This is indeed very sad news of another Shrimper and my thoughts are with his friends and family at this sad time. This got me thinking, why can't we have a memorial book for all Shrimper fans who pass away so that we can record them so that they are never forgotten? Maybe it could be kept and maintained by the Shrimpers Trust? Just an idea. Thoughts?

Back