• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You can't have been watching the match on BBC1 yesterday.The Christ statue was featured quite a few times.

palin-whoosh.jpg

Missed the bloody Doctor Who trailer :angry: (which would have been a bit more exciting than that fairly boring game of football).

You can't have been watching the match on BBC1 yesterday.The Christ statue was featured quite a few times.

Never change, Barna.

Missed the bloody Doctor Who trailer :angry: (which would have been a bit more exciting than that fairly boring game of football).

It wasn't. What is it with the BBC and these **** trailers? At half-time on Wednesday Brazil were staring down the barrel of an era defining loss and the scenes in the stadium were as if a national disaster was playing out in front of them, yet the BBC abort the debrief to cut to some utterly cringeworthy Eastenders ad. And during the WORLD CUP FINAL, they air some naff looking Dr Who skit? The 45-second respite from staring at Shearer's hideous suit was welcome, but Jesus... it's the World Cup Final.

Interesting game of football characterised by substitutions, both enforced and tactical. Germany lost their way when Kramer went off and for 10 minutes or so, Argentina had them on the ropes. If they score during that time, then it's a completely different game. It took them time to settle and Schurrle - eventually - brought a lot of direct running to the party which drove Argentina back, stopping Zabaletta from getting forward as much and dragging Mascherano over.

Sabella either refused to or didn't have the balls to drop Messi onto the right to help take advantage of Howedes, who struggled defensively. Instead, Messi struggled to find space with Boateng stepping up and Schweinsteiger shackling him fairly well. That said, Messi was clearly at 50% - tops - and barely moved throughout the last hour. Odd how almost every Barcelona player at the tournament has looked completely shagged, eh? Purely coincidental that it's happened after Guardiola's departure and Fuentes' arrest of course.

Deserved winners in the end. Argentina failed to take their chances and Low made the most of his substitutions, changing the game when he needed to. That said, he had far more options on the bench than any other manager at the tournament.

In your opinion. I fell asleep in the 2nd half.

Agree about deserved winners, after all Germany actually had some shots on goal.

The Argentina chances stick out more in my mind. Higuain **** himself when he got his chance and snatched at it and Messi's chance I really thought he would of put that in but dragged it just wide.

I just can't believe Messi has been awarded player of the tournament.

Was there something I missed? I thought there were better Argentinians even ignoring all the other countries.

Jumping before he was taken to the top of Christ the Redeemer* and pushed

*Anyone see many pictures / TV stills of that statue during the World Cup? I can hardly remember any.

My highlight of the entire World Cup was when they showed the Christ the Redeemer statue and expert summariser Lawro goes "and to think we went up there".

That's why we pay the licence fee (well that and the threat of prison).

My highlight of the entire World Cup was when they showed the Christ the Redeemer statue and expert summariser Lawro goes "and to think we went up there".

My highlight was this

[video=youtube;JV6YMt2OTGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV6YMt2OTGA[/video]

Mine was when when ex-Liverpool and Fulham man Danny Murphy -as co-commentator-said that he usually only used to score after the game had finished on a Saturday night.

The match commentator was speechless.Worthy of Coleman balls.

Also liked Hoddle's "The problem for Al Jazeera-er, sorry,Algeria.." which does feature in the current Private Eye.:smile:

Back